Lost

Arizona POV:
I'm walking outside of Grey Sloan Memorial. The rain is falling; my clothes are drenched because I've been walking for so long. It was more of a pacing trance I was in.

"God damn it! Why did I give Callie those plane tickets?! To New York! She is going with my daughter! I don't know if I will ever see them again!" I feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I try to hold them back, but it's too hard, I can't. I start sobbing, and I stop walking. I sit on a bench and bury my head in my hands as the rain falls harder.

"Arizona?" I faintly hear my name over my sobbing. "Arizona? What's wrong?" I recognize Kepner's voice. Slowly, I lift my head out of my hands, and the rain isn't falling anymore. April is holding an umbrella above me. "What's going on? Why are you crying?" she asks.

"I gave Callie tickets for New York, and she took Sofia with her," I say in between sobs, "and it seemed right last night, but n-now, b-but n-ow-" I stutter and fall into another round of sobs.
"Aw Arizona..." She sits down next to me, and rubs my back. "Callie isn't gone. She just, needs some time." I look up at April. "April, I need to talk and I need you to listen."
"Of course I will listen Arizona."
"I still love Callie. She was the one. I will never, never love anyone like her. When I first saw Callie, those beautiful brown eyes, those full lips, I knew she was the one. When we kissed in the bathroom at Joe's, I knew she would be the one for me." I feel the tears come up again. "Callie was everything, and after she had Sofia, I knew I didn't want anything else to happen between us again. But then I cheated, and Callie never loved me the way she did before. And I don't want to lose Sofia..." Tears start falling down my face again.

"Arizona, I'm sure Callie still loves you. In fact, I think Jackson still loves me even though we divorced. Callie will always have a place for you in her heart. That's how love works." April wrapped her arm around me while I shed a few more tears.

"Thank you April. I'm sorry I'm so emotional right now."

"No need to be sorry. I'm here for you. We are friends."

I smiled and hugged April. Somewhere, in the back of my mind, I knew things were going to be okay. I wouldn't lose Sofia. And Callie would always be there in my heart.

Hi everyone. I just started this. The first few chapters are short but they get longer. I won't have any authors notes until chapter 6, so you will have to read on. Hopefully you liked my intro. See ya.🙂