Chapter 21: Kisses

We lost the first task of the season. It was alright. I felt I was too distracted that I couldn't focus on the puzzle we were making. I was also being so careful with how I spoke with Vivoree.

It's been five years since I confessed publicly about my feelings for Marco. This admission had the biggest impact on her. She was also starting her career back then and was being considered for projects with Marco. But then, my confession happened. Everything meant for her was reconsidered for me - commercials, tv series and the like. I didn't really mean for that to happen. I was just telling the truth. But I knew what I did was something she could never forgive me for.

I have to admit, I was young. I didn't know a lot about life. I didn't realize my decision could snowball into these things until it was too late. When our PBB season ended, I was shoved into the world of showbusiness. Shoved talaga! It was a whirlwind that changed my life. I was paired with Marco for a lot of movies, tv series and ads. But I knew his heart belonged to someone else. It wasn't hard to act in love with him. Because I have always been in love with him.

------

"Kisses, the brief for this scene would be a girl looking into the eyes of the love of her life. Yung tipong nakikita mo na na siya yung papakasalan mo in 10 years. And then, Marco. Ikaw naman. You see this girl that you love. Pero yung mayroon ka pa ring hesitation kasi feeling mo mahal mo pa rin ex mo." Our Assistant Director, Alex, told us for a scene we had to do for a teleserye.

"Ok po." I said as I shifted on my seat. Marco and I were seated across each other and we were filming a date scene. This would be followed by a confrontation scene where his character will break up with me.

"Kisses? Kaya pa?" Marco asked as he stroked my hand.

"Oo naman!" I told him with a smile.

"Ok, actors! We'll start shooting on my mark."

We both got ready. I internalized and pulled my feelings for him and imagined that I would marry him someday. I remembered all the good things he did for me and how he cared for me when we were inside PBB. I opened my eyes and looked at him.

"ACTION!"

We looked at each other and I poured all my love for him with my eyes. I smiled at him and felt my heart beat faster.

"CUT!" Our director shouted. "Ang galing Kisses! I can feel your love come through to the camera! I think we got your shot. We'll need Marco's shot now. Please focus, Marco."

------

Now that we're all here in PBB again, it would be hard to avoid them. Sooner or later a task would happen where we would be tossed together.

Ate May took a seat beside me. We were about to eat lunch on the first Saturday of this season. Half the housemates were done eating. We had to eat in batches because of our shower time.

"Sesski, kain na tayo." She urged me to eat.

"Tara, tara." I grabbed my spoon and fork and reached for a hotdog.

"May iniisip ka?" she asked me as she picked her spoon up.

She has always been so perceptive of my feelings. I sighed.

"Wala naman, te May." I answered. "I just feel bad kasi natalo kami."

"Di mo naman kasalanan yun!" She exclaimed. "Magaling lang talaga kami. Char char!! Seconds lang naman pagitan natin!"

"Eh kasi, nadistract man ako kay Vivoree." I whispered. "Nahihiya ako sa kanya."

She stopped chewing and looked at me. "Baket? Mayroon pa rin ba? Sa dapat na nawala na?" She whispered back.