Chapter 12: Edward

During our final orientation, we were told that the announcement would be different. People would be called in groups and then they'll give us boxes or umbrellas which we'll open to reveal who among us will re-enter PBB house.

"Kung by group yung tatawagin, Edward, sa tingin mo, tayo mag-kakagroup?" Maymay asked me.

Her face was only inches from mine, thanks to the couch set up. I couldn't help but stare. She had just a little bit of make-up on which further highlights her eyes and her lips. This shade of blue fits her really well too

"Uy, Edward!" she said.

"Sorry, what?" I asked. I then heard Tanner suppress his laughter.

"Wala, wala!" she said.

- 1 minute to air! -

My palms are starting to sweat. Why am I nervous? Really?

I shifted so that both Vivoree and Maymay have enough space to move around.

"You ladies comfortable with your seats?" I asked Vivoree and Maymay.

"Yes."

"Yep."

They answered simultaneously.

"Good luck!" Maymay said and patted me on the leg.

- 30 seconds to air! -

From the leftmost tv on set, we can see the hosts Robi, Bianca and Toni in front of the PBB house. They start the show there and then move to our set here.

"Hello, Philippines! Hello, world!" Toni started.

"Panahon na! Para makilala natin ang mga magbabalik nating mga housemates!" She continued.

"Mayroon na lamang kayo 10mins left to vote!" Bianca said.

"Tandaan, 7 babae at 7 lalaki lamang ang makakabalik sa loob ng bahay. Lahat ng ito nakasalalay sa mga kamay ninyo." Robi continued.

"Kilalanin natin muli ang mga housemates na maaring makapasok muli sa Bahay ni Kuya! Let's watch this." Toni said.

A video of all of our promotion was showed to the viewers. They only showed my promotion video - the shot from our hike the other week. They might have cut Maymay's because of time constraints. When it was showed there was an uproar from the audience. And I was teased by most of the housemates present.

"Skrengge, Edward?" I heard Ate Jinri say.

I felt my face warm hearing everyone tease me.

"Char char lang!" Maymay whispered.

Her comment made me look at her.

"Anong char char lang?" I whispered to her.

"Yung video. Galing natin dun." She answered avoiding my gaze.

"What is it really?" I asked again facing her. I felt that she meant something else.

"Wala, uy!"

"You think that was pure acting?" I asked. I wanted to get mad at her. She's always been like this. Is she that insensitive?

"It might have been acting for you, but it meant more to me." I whispered to her. I didn't want to see her reaction. So I diverted my attention to the audience.

That left her speechless. I didn't mean to snap at her. But this is all too much. I'm not stupid. I know there's something here. She's just choosing to not accept it.

"Housemates, hosts will enter the set in a few seconds. Please be ready." We heard over the PA.

I sat up straighter and just kept looking straight ahead.

If she can pretend to feel nothing, I can do that too.

"Welcome back mga kapamilya! Ito na ang pinakaaabangan natin sa gabing ito.." Bianca opened.

"Makikilala na natin ang PBB Reunion housemates sa loob ng ilang minuto. Kasama na ngayon ni Ate Toni ang mga nominadong housemates. Ate, Tons?" Robi said.

"Salamat Robi at Bianca! Nasa labas sila ngayon upang salubungin ang mga papasok muli ng Bahay ni Kuya." Toni said as she walked over to her marker.

"Tawagin natin ang unang grupo ng mga nominado. Kuya?"

"Mga housemates, magandang gabi! Ito ang unang grupo ng mga nominado. Kisses. Tanner. Kim. Yong. Sue at Eve."

"Salamat, Kuya! Hello Kisses, Tanner, Kim, Yong, Sue at Eve! Handa na ba kayo?"

"Sa inyong harapan, makakakita kayo ng mga umbrellas na kapag inyong binuksan ay ipakikita ang inyong kapalaran sa gabing ito."she gestured over to the lined up umbrellas in front of the first batch of nominated housemates.

"Ok! Sa inyong grupo, ang bilang ng makakapasok muli sa Bahay ni Kuya ay...... DALAWA!"

"Housemates, humawak na kayo sa inyong mga payong. On the count of 5, sasabay ninyong buksan ang inyong mga payong."

The first group all took hold of their umbrellas and waited for the signal.

"1. 2. 3. 4. 5! Open your umbrellas housemates!" Toni shouted.

The only umbrellas with the PBB logo were Kisses and Yong's umbrellas.

Oh, shoot. Tanner didn't make it!

That made me sad. He's like an older brother to me. The house would not be the same without him.

"Congratulations Kisses at Yong! Makapapasok na kayo muli sa Bahay ni Kuya!" Toni said as she gestured over to the door.

"Tanner, Kim, Sue at Eve, salamat sa inyong pagpunta ngayon gabi. Mayroon ba kayong mensahe sa inyong mga fans na siguradong ibinoto kayo muli?"

Everything became a blur for me from this moment on. I had mixed feelings about this. Re-entering the house may mean more controversies and I'm not 100% sure I could take it.

For the next batch, the people voted for Vivoree, Loisa and Jinri. On our couch, it was now only me and Maymay. It felt like the universe has conspired to keep us together.

For the third batch of housemates, Marco and Ylona got the most votes. After their announcement, we went into commercial break.

Though I was still mad at her. I still managed to ask her if she was ok.

"Ok lang naman, medyo kinakabahan." She said as she played with the hem of her dress.

"You'll get in. I'm sure of it. Ang dami daming nagmamahal sayo." I said.

She looked at me and said "Nagmamahal? Parang di ko naman nararamdaman."

- 10 seconds to air! –

When she said that, I no longer paid attention to the show but I heard Toni start her spiel for the fourth batch of housemates.

I looked into Maymay's eyes and said "Or maybe. You're just not paying enough attention."

"Edward!" I was called and I broke eye contact with her and joined the fourth batch of housemates.

"Edward I -" I heard her whisper.