Chapter 14: Edward

What was I thinking? I should not have said that. Why did I say that? Really?? Paano kung di sya makapasok? And here I am, with Jace. Why have we been grouped together? Did they want to see how I would react? That could be possible.

"Guys, please wear your blindfolds. We'll be taking you to the PBB house." One PBB staff instructed.

"We're not waiting for the last batch?" I asked.

"No na Sir. Mamaya pa sila." He answered.

He led us into the house. From the direction he's taking us, it felt like the layout of the house has changed from the last time I was here.

Once inside the house's premises, we were asked to take our blindfolds off. We were to enter the house through the activity area.

When we entered the area, we saw the rest of the housemates lounging on the biggest bed I have ever seen.

"Hey, bro!" Marco shouted from the farthest corner of the bed. He was with Ate Jinri, Kisses, Yong and Kuya Mccoy.

"Ciao, Marco!" I shouted as I approached him.

"Wala pa si Maymay?" Ate Jinri asked me.

"Wala pa. Part sya nung last group." Jace answered though the question was directed to me.

That irritated me.

"Oooohhh." She said but she glanced at me. I just smiled at her.

"Sino sino pa kasama niya?" Kuya Mccoy asked.

I made sure I was the first to answer this time. "Si Sam, Kuya Nikko, James, Ronnie at Josef ata."

"Hala! Ang higpit ng labanan nun!" Vivoree said.

I had to agree with her. Going up against James Reid, Kuya Nikko and Ronnie would be really tough. I hope Maymay makes it.

I looked around and realized that most of the Dream team were here. That makes me proud. Even though our season ended years ago, we still had a lot of fans and we still had an effect on a lot of people.

"Housemates, tumuloy na kayo sa loob ng bahay para sa inyong hapunan." Kuya said.

-----

Kuya welcomed us like royalty! There was a feast prepared for us - there were appetizers, main dishes, veggies and even dessert!

I was already halfway through my dinner but we still haven't seen or heard from the last batch of housemates.

"Nasa 15 minutes na ah. Wala pa sila?" Kisses said.

"I know! Do you think they have a special task?" Bailey asked.

"This early in the season?! May task agad?" Loisa asked.

"I highly doubt that." Ylona said.

I wasn't as hungry anymore. Hearing them talk about a possible task for the last group. What if they were asked to stay in a different place? Like what happened in the white room task? Or they're in a different part of the PBB house? What if Maymay did't get into the final 14?

'Bro, Ok ka lang?" Marco whispered.

"Oo naman. Why?" I said with the warmest smile I could conjure.

"You have't touched your food. Favorite mo pa naman yan! Adobo oh!" He said.

"I'm fine. Just a bit worried."

"Kasi di pa nakakapasok si Maymay?"

I didn't say anything. I just continued to play with my food.

"Package deal kayo ni Maymay. Pag nandito ka, siguradong nandito rin siya." He reassured me.

"Ako ba talaga package deal nya, Marco? It kind of feels like I'm not anymore." I said as Jace walked by.

"Hhhmmm. Have you asked? Or did you just guess?" He paused. "Basta I'm here for you. You know that right?"

I laughed. "Dude! Too close for comfort."

----------
I ended up helping Ate Jinri wash the dishes.

"You okay, Skrengge?" She asked. She and Maymay have different names for me. Today, she calls me Skrengge.

"Yes, Ate! Why do you ask?" I said as I placed the clean plate on the dish rack.

"You seem awfully quiet." She paused. "Does this have anything to do with Maymay?"

If we weren't inside the house, I would have told her, Yes it has everything to do with Maymay! With Jace. With me. Everything is so complicated and confusing!

I rather told her, "Di ako quiet ha! Sana makapasok lang din talaga si Maymay."

"I hope so too!"

We then heard the usual signal for instructions.

"Pumunta na kayo sa activity area para salubungin ang huling tatlong housemates."

We all hurried to the activity area. I was praying so hard that Maymay would be there.

Once all 11 of us have settled on the big bed. The door slowly opened. From where I was seated, I could only see one person.

My heart started to beat so fast. I hardly noticed that I stood up and slowly approached their group. When I was meters away, I realized that the person in front was Kuya Nikko.

Two more.

I continued walking. I saw Kuya Nikko step aside to reveal Sam.

Oh my God. One more. Please let it be Maymay.

When Sam stepped forward. Time slowed, all I could hear were my footsteps. I felt my knees go weak. I was now only 1 meter away.

Sam started running towards Jace and I started running towards the last person by the door.