o n e

-Eleven Years-

Jax was sitting in the kitchen of his mother's house with his daughter and his mom. Gemma was making food when Emma spoke up.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked the two adults.

"Of course." Gemma said.

"Where's my mommy?"

Jax froze where he was as Gemma looked up at Emma. Neither of them had thought about Alex for years. Jax put his beer down and left the house as Gemma sighed.

"It's, complicated." She said.

"How?"

So Gemma told Emma what happened and how nobody had spoken to Alex O'Grady for ten years. Jax sat down at his own house since Emma was staying with Gemma tonight. He picked up his phone and clicked through the pictures. Emma was smiling in all of them, but Alex was missing. He called her number and a few rings later, her voice answered.

"Alex speaking." She said.

"Emma asked about you."

He heard a glass drop as Alex gasped over the phone. She cursed lightly.

"Fuck." She said. "Um... who is this?"

"You don't remember me." Jax said.

She sighed. "What do you want Jackson?"

"Emma."

"What about her?" She snapped. "You call to ask for child support or some shit?"

"No. I-"

"Nevermind. Bye."

He couldn't even get out another word before she had hung up the phone. A text came in two seconds later.

'Please just leave me alone, Jax. Tomorrow is Emma's birthday and I can't stand it. Tell her I love her, please?'

He sighed but read the one that came in after.

'And Jax? I, I still love you.'

He stopped moving after reading it. He ruined her life, and she still loves him? He put down his phone and made up his mind. He was going to find Alex if it was the last thing he did.

'-'-'-'-'

Alex picked up the shattered glass after she hung up. She sighed but got back to work, putting her phone on silent and in a drawer. She was closing up the bar tonight then heading upstairs to sleep. She layed down in her bed and pulled her old Sons kutte over her. She closed her eyes and fell asleep to the smell of Jax Teller.

She was working on closing the bar next night when the bell to the door went off.

"We're closed." She said, cleaning up the floor.

"Even for me?"

She spun around and her jaw dropped. Jax waited to see her reaction as she just stared at him. She shook her head and turned back around.

"What are you doing here, Teller?" She asked.

"Looking for someone." He said. "Green eyes, black hair, sexy body."

She shrugged. "Don't know who you're talking about."

"Mhm. You know she's still in love with me?"

Alex sighed and put down the broom as she heard him right behind her. He wasn't touching her, but he was close.

"Jackson, you need to leave."

"Why?" He asked.

"Because. I have a life here, Jax." She said, slipping away from him. "And I don't need you to ruin it again."

She was about to leave the bar when he stopped her.

"She asked about you."

Alex stopped in her tracks. She slowly looked at Jax.

"What?"

"Emma asked about you." He told her. "Yesterday. Mom told her what happened and she's mad at me now. She wants to meet you."

Alex walked back over and looked up into his grey eyes. When he looked into her green ones, he wanted to kiss her. She watched as his eyes flickered between her lips and her eyes. But he was holding back from her. She shook her head and walked away again. She stopped at the stairs.

"Do you want me to go?" She asked.

He didn't answer her for a minute.

"I don't know."

"Jax." She said. "Do you want me to go back to Charming to meet her?"

"Yes."

"Then give me ten minutes."

As Alex rushed up the stairs, Jax followed her. She was packing a bag but froze when she turned. Jax watched as her eyes flicked from him to something to his left. He followed her eyes and looked back at her. She looked at the floor as he picked up her old kutte and looked back at her.

"You kept this?"

She didn't answer. Instead she snatched it away and put it in her bag before she grabbed a set of keys and headed out of the door. He glanced around her room and saw pictures of them when they were younger. He walked into the hall and let her lock the door behind him before she walked to her truck. He started his bike and they drove off. Alex clenched her fists on the wheel as she thought about what she was doing. But she shot a text to her boss saying she was taking a day before she followed Jax back to Charming.

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

Gemma was sitting with her granddaughter on the leather couches when someone pulled into the parking lot outside behind Jax. Everyone watched as a black haired woman got out. The second she turned around, Gemma smiled.

"Who's that, grandma?" Emma asked.

"Alex." She answered. "That's your mommy."

Emma gawked as she watched the Sons all hug her. When Alex's green eyes met Emma's grey ones, Emma watched tears fall down her face. Emma got up and walked over to her. She was up to the woman's chest, and the woman was up to Jax's nose. She cocked her head at the woman.

"Hi."

"Hey." The woman said.

Emma smiled. "Hi mommy."

Alex hugged the young girl as the Sons all watched her. Gemma smacked her son in the back of the head as he came over.

"The Hell mom?" He asked.

"If you let her leave again, I'll kick your ass."

Then she walked over and hugged Alex. The Sons welcomed the woman back after eleven years of not seeing her, and ten years of not talking to her. She laughed as Tig picked her up and hugged her. They headed inside with Emma locked on Alex's side. Jax watched the pair and he made up his mind. Whatever it took, he was going to get Alex to stay.

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

Err.... well then. Thoughts everyone????