p r o l o g u e

Jax Teller looked at his ex girlfriend; Alex O'Grady. The tears were falling down her face but she walked into the trial room calmly. There were two sides of the court room, and every single Son was sitting on Alex's side. Jax didn't care though. He wanted his daughter and he was planning on getting her. Alex waited for the verdict from the judge she knew the Sons had on payroll. He looked at her.

"Miss O'Grady." He said. "We have decided that Emma Teller will be placed with her father. Full custody rights will be placed with Mr. Teller. Any questions?"

"No sir." She said.

"Very well. Court adjourned."

As he banged the gavel on the plate, Alex walked over to where Jax stood. He smirked at her as she stopped right in front of him. She didn't even try to fight with him as she spoke.

"I really hope this works out with you, Jax."

Before he could say anything, Alex walked out of the courthouse. As she pulled into the club house, the Sons parked next to her. She just walked in and grabbed her bag from next to the door. Gemma looked at her, seeing as she didn't go to the trial. When she saw Alex throw the bag into her truck, she hugged the young girl. Jax watched as Alex clung to Gemma before she let her go and opened the truck door. She paused then.

As she looked at the club house where her two month old daughter was sleeping, she put her hand on her stomach. She looked away as the tears made fresh tracks down her face. She got into her truck and slammed the door shut before she shifted into drive and peeled out of the lot, leaving her 28 year old ex and two month old daughter behind.

The Sons wouldn't even look at Jax. His mother sent him a disappointed look before she just walked inside. Everyone besides Jax knew what was going to happen. A strong woman just walked away. A strong woman just gave up on Jackson Teller. When a strong woman like Alex gives up, she wasn't planning on coming back home. Jax watched as the Sons walked inside and he knew right then and there that instead of making her beg at his feet, he just lost the best thing that could ever happen to him.

Alex didn't even wipe her eyes as the tears ran down her face. She drove out of Charming; the town where her life began and everything ended. She glanced into the mirror before looking forwards and heading away from Charming California, her daughter, the Sons, and the love of her life.

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

Well then. That was...... interesting.