C H A P T E R - 3

Her fingers clutched the fence of the Corniche

Her fingers clutched the fence of the Corniche. The place where more than hundreds come to feel and let out their insides. The Corniche was built over the Alexandrian shore with the intention to ease out traffic. While the bridge didn't fail its duty, little did the workers know that people would come here to share their secrets with the sea. Sadness, happiness, anger, tears...everything that people didn't trust themselves with, hand it over to the shore for it to take care of. 

Truth be told, when Eleen was younger, she never got to understand why others would come here and reveal their treasures. However, now, almost everything has taken a huge turn in her mind. Her perspective changed from, 'Cheetos is the way to happiness' to 'Feelings are the way to heartbreak'.

Right now, she wished she could do anything but shedding headstrong tears. But then again, it's the usual thing. She has got no control over herself. Every now and then, she would tear up over trifles and even over her rituals. She has been longing for strength for ages and honest to God, her constant breakdowns are causing her a headache.

She placed one of her hands over her mouth as she has just realized it's six in the morning and her sobs could be heard in a distance. She forced her eyes open for some time to stop her tears but all her efforts, again for the thousandth time, were in vain. She knew so well, more than anyone, that his attitude won't be better. But who was she kidding? The one and only, her heart.

A few hours ago, she has come back from Sara's house after being summoned for 'an emergency'. Mr. and Mrs. Basha has left for a business trip about a week ago. So, instead of being accompanied by their cold backs, she was rather accompanied by the walls of her home that were actually mocking her for the blues that invaded her being. Yes, her father has changed since the death of the one she loved most, yet she has never expected him to leave without telling her.

It was one of those nights where her nightmares were the hindrances of her sleep. She got off her bed and headed towards her father's bedroom. She really needed his warmth in that moment more than anything. It almost felt like that it was the only thing to heal her broken pieces. Her despair needed his love but his love needed nothing. His love was all fine by itself, no additionals.

And she thought she was already broken by her mother's death. She was wrong. So wrong. Her already ripped soul was torn into several pieces. Fear that surrounded her heart as a cage, was replaced with territories of despair, hopelessness, and most importantly her prior grief. Suzanne Helmy and Ali Basha were nowhere to be found.

And were finally back today in the morning. When she heard their house door open, she rushed to them and all her sadness went downhill....just for a mere second. She stood so eagerly with a wide smile that for the first time in three years, was genuine. She thought that he missed her just as much as she missed him and she expected him to crush her in a hug that ends in the year 3078.

She was met instead with his usual actions. Ignoring her, which in fact, has become worse than before.

Recalling the incident, not only her gray eyes watered in a rhythm but her knees, her fingers and her body... all in all broke down too and she literally had to sit on the pavement instead of standing due to her concern that she might be unable to balance herself.