Congratulations

Everyday I wait for my very special letter to come. The Spelman College acceptance letter. I can't stop thinking about what if i don't get in? I have a 3.8 GPA and a 30 ACT, i'm not a dumb girl. My mom got in so why shouldn't I. I guess I really didn't have a choice not to go. My whole family went. My grandma, aunt, mom, and my big sister Aaliyah she's a senior.

I live in Savannah, Georgia. I'm just a small country girl. I never really had love life. Mostly because .... Well I don't know I never really tried to have a boyfriend. It was all about school to me. I always stayed with my best friend Keyniah. It was us two all high school. It doesn't really look like that any more because she applied to a college some where in California. All the way across the country.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the middle of July and still no letter. Keyniah got her's. She didn't get into the one in California but she got into the her second pick Virginia Tech. I would have picked somewhere else for my second pick, but that's her and I support her. All of a sudden I got a knock on my door.

"Girl get up I have something you might want" my mom said.

The first thing that came to my mind was the letter. When i got up to see what it was, all i was looking for was a small white rectangular envelope. But all there was, was a package from Forever 21. It was a couple of shirts and a baseball cap. I started to think even if I didn't get in they still would send me a letter saying

" NOT ACCEPTED" so why the hell didn't I get mine.

I checked one more time under the package no letter. Then I looked around on the floor and saw that white paper out of the corner of my eye. I picked it up faster than my hands can move. I ripped it open and quickly read through it and all I can remember was reading

Congratulations Brinia Norman you have been accepted into Spelman College", in big bold letters before I blacked out.

I hope you liked the first chapter. As of now i don't have a posting scheduled so please bear with me.

Oh and trust me it only gets better from here.