Settling In

It's August 26 and i'm almost done packing. Its moving day at spelman and i'm really nervous.

I always have this dream that i will meet a FIRE Morehouse man and we'll fall in love.

My parents were a spelhouse couple so I guess it would be nice to do the same. I have a couple bags left to pack. It only takes 2 hours to get to Spelman from Savannah. I wish it took longer, but at the same time I wish we were there in five minutes so I don't have to really think about it.

I hear my mom yell down the hallway "Come on Brinia before we're late we have to be there by 5 its 2 now LET'S GO!"

I think my mom wanted me to lowkey leave already, but I grabbed my keys and headed out the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I pulled up to the gate my stomach felt like the first day of my period. Horrible! I pulled up in a parking titled

" Freshman"

I grabbed all of my boxes and began to walk to my dorm. I was in dorm C34 on the third floor. When I got into the dorm I saw a bright pink cheetah print bed set. It was my roommates. She walked out of the bathroom with her parents.

"Hey girl i'm Jasmine".

She had black long curly hair, braces, short (about 5'4 I was 5'6) , and at this point I could tell she was mixed.

The first thing I thought was, was wow this girl is really excited and that she was every nigga's dream girl.

I guess I was excited too but I really didn't show it. Both of our parents introduced. Her mom was white and her dad was black. I could see the tears in her mom's eyes it made me think about my mom. I looked at my mom and saw tears in her eyes. I tried to look away but I walked over and gave her a hug.

It was now 6:30 and we had until 7:30 to move all the way in. Both of our parent left. It was very emotional but it was bitter sweet. But me and my roommate went down to the Cafe(Short for Cafeteria) to see all of the food options and get to know each other better. The food options weren't that good. They had meatloaf, spaghetti, and some other stuff that didn't look too good.

We exchanged a lot of information. She told me that she's from florida, she has a younger sister and brother. Our conversation was disrupted by the AKA Sorority doing some type of dance thing. I never really thought about being in a sorority but it looks fun. It lasted for about 10 minutes.

We headed back to our dorm. On the way back we talked about all of our expectations and what we are majoring in. She is majoring Elementary Education. I am majoring in Business because I really want to start my own business. Something like a clothing line. All I could really think about was that I had class the next day and all the work in the future that I will have to do.

After that long day I ended my night with a feeling of first day period cramps and a mango Arizona.

Hope your enjoying my story so far. I'm Trying my best. I'm a first time writer, so advice would be great.

Vote.

Comment.

Share.