Chapter 2- Delilah

"I can't wait till cheerleading tryouts!" I cried.

"You know we'll get in anyway," Ashley added.

We were in Addison's Land Rover, nearing our school.

"We're here!" we squealed.

We ran out of the Land Rover and kind of flew into the school.

"OMG," I said as we entered. "There are so many hot guys!"

Addison looked around and her eyes landed on Liam, the football quarterback. He is SUPER hot. Addison was lucky to be his girlfriend.

Later on in math class I saw a folded-up piece of paper drop on my desk. I opened it.

MEET ME AT LUNCH. WE NEED TO TALK.

-Ashley

"Delilah?" I heard the teacher, Mr. Hansen, clear his throat.

I looked up and saw his cold blue eyes fixed on me. They drifted to the paper in my hands.

"May I see that note please?"

Sighing, I handed it over. Two seats away I saw Ashley mouthing, "What are you doing??"

"Mm-hmm." He beckoned Ashley over and took her out to the hall.

Why did Ashley want to meet me at lunch? Did she want to fight for some weird reason? Was she mad at me for hitting on that hot guy after history? Did she want me to give her lunch money?

When Mr. Hansen asked me to join them, I decided I didn't want to risk my lunch money. So when the door shut behind me, I said, "Mr. Hansen, I know why Ashley gave me that note."

Lucky for me this was his first year teaching at Adams High. He took the lie.

"Last year Ashley and I got into tons of fights. For tons of reasons--not giving her my lunch money, dressing ugly, talking to hot guys. So since I got this note, I figure she wants to fight again."

"It's not true!" Ashley began to cry.

Mr. Hansen slapped his hand on her shoulder and guided her to the principal's office as she nervously held on to her dark brown and blonde hair.

I headed back into the room.

People were throwing paper balls, chatting, and sitting on desks.

I saw a hot guy and sat on the desk next to him. "Hey."

"Hey," he said.

"What's your name?" he asked. "I'm Ryan."

"Delilah." I smiled as I looked in his amazing brown eyes.

"You're very pretty," he told me, scanning my clothes.

I almost told him they're Addison's clothes, but then he'd think I'm poor. No guy wants to go out with a poor girl, even if she was a cheerleader. "Thanks."

"He's coming!" some girl named Emily warned us. We quickly slid back into our seats as Mr. Hansen walked into the room and continued the lesson.