Chapter 5: Addison

I ran out of the lunch room as soon as I noticed Delilah and Ashley staring ot me.

"Oh shit." I muttered under my breath as I was running out.

After that I ran into the bathroom and started bawling. I was just interested in him. I didn't want to be a fake plastic bimbo all the time. I just needed a break from what everyone forced my life to be. I just wanted to be myself for once and now I am going to get bullied because of it. Why? Why me? Why does everyone have to watch me so closely and when I slip up eveything has to come crashing down around me? God, I should have known that talking to him was going to get me in trouble. I was the most popular girl in school and look where that led me. Here in a bathroom stall like a loser, crying my eyes out.

But the thing is, I wanted to. I actually let myself go up to him and talk, not bully him. I let myself do that and I was actually proud. Would any of the other cheer leaders or the jocks do that? I doubt it! I Addison Fensetta will change for the better! I promised myself that I would and now i just needed to go do it! I wiped my eyes and nose, stepped out of the stall and looked in the mirror. God I look like crap! Whatever. It won't matter anymore anyways because after this I will never, I repeat NEVER be popular again! And now, I'm fine with it. I can't wait! I can wear whatever I want without being judged, I can do whatever I want and I can be whoever I want! I am free from the grasp of popularity! Anyways, who needs it? All it is is really a bunch of people following you around and the half of them barely know you at all just so they can be popular too. They are not real friends, they are fake, followers, trying to get your attention. Well they can go follow someone else around now! Because I'm done! Done being the queen of the school done with everything! Done! Done! Done! And I'm happy about it!

Just then the door swung open and two people stepped in. It was Delilah and Ashley.

"What the hell!" They screamed at me.

"Guys I'm so sorry but I can't do this anymore!"

"What do you mean you can't do this anymore?" They questioned angrily.

"I promised myself that I would stop being fake. No one knows the real me!" I shouted back.

"Your still dating Liam! What about him?" They asked trying to come up with reasons I shouldn't stop being popular.

"I am done with him too. The only reason I was with him was because I was forced to! Are you really that stupid to think that the head cheerleader would really fall for the captain of the football team! How stupid is that?"

"Well what about cheerleading? They won't let a nerdy loser be the captain of the squad!" They retaliated.

"Guys! I told you! I am done! Everything that comes with being popular! I don't want it! Is that clear!" I screamed at them out of breath trying to explain to them that I don't need this stuff.

"You two can go follow someone else around all day while I go off being myself!" I yelled at their puzzled faces for the final time.

"Fine! Be that way! We aren't you friends anymore!" They threw back at me. With one last death glare they exited the room.

"That's good. I want it to be like that." I mumbled as they were leaving.

Right after they left I started bawling again. I had just lost my friends, my only friends. The popular kids wouldn't accept me anymore, and the nerds would take a while because I had been so mean to them over the years. So for now, it was just me.