>1<

Tyler laid on the ocean bed, holding a rod of coral in his frail thin fingers, looking up at the glimmer of the surface. Shreds of the coral rubbing off, only for the extravagant color to go from a bright salmon, to a crisp white.

He sat looking at the changing rod. Looking as it goes from one color to another, wondering if he could "change". Become different. His thoughts getting the best of him, he started to think about running away. But how can you, when your father knows the ocean, like the back of his hand.

Tyler looked up at the surface to see a black figure circling in the glimmer sun. He smiled and it grew big and who knew exactly who it was, his best friend. He dropped the coral and rise up to the surface, his arms at his sides and his fin swishing back and forth in the water.

Tyler broke through the surface, his hair quiffed back and dimples showing as he sees the bird sitting on the rock, with a smirk plastered on his face. He looks at the gull and smiles. "Beebo, how are you today?"

"Well, if you really want to know," he looked at Tyler's face and he only nods, signaling for him to go on. "Well, it's, well not good, exactly. You see that over there." Beebo lifts his wing and points over at the land and tiny village and tall towers. Tyler looked at it in awe. "Well, they called me a stupid bird, and they were so mean and incredulous to the fact that I have feelings."

"Oh, Beebo," Tyler lifted his hand and rubbed its head, and beebo leaned in, nearing about to cry. "You are amazing okay, you should not listen to those, well people. We are different, but a good one, and it shouldn't matter what they think of us."

"Yeah I guess you're right. Tyler, can you sing me a song, I just wanna sleep on this rock for eternity." Tyler laughed at the bird and was about to sing a low set tune. The one his mother used to sing. But when he thought of his mother and the lullaby he started to panic.

"Beebo, I have to go!" He was frantic, he knew this would end bad, it was strike three. And he really didn't want to deal with his father. He looked up at the sun, seeing it was not at its highest and that he was for sure late.

"Hey, kid make sure you come back ya here."

"Ofcourse. Goodbye." Tyler braced himself and dove into the water, fins flipping towards the surface and swishing before it vanished and the water became still as if he were never there. Tyler swam low and low til the clear turquoise color became a dark calming blue.

Soon in sight came twinkling lights and a big rock. Tyler moved the rock. He entered the into the rock and looked around at all the human stuff. His father didn't allow him to have all this, so he hides them away, a few miles away from his home. He grabbed the human object, a ukulele, and strummed it, hearing its melodic sound and smiling down at. He was so glad his father allowed this one object.

It reminded him, with its high pitched sounds, of his mother. How she'd sing and speak. That was the only way he would keep it, 'it was a way to keep her alive', tyler would mentally whisper every time before he performed.

Tyler left his 'Treasures' and went to his home, and he knew for sure he was late, for when he looked up at the far surface, there was only a dark light, signaling that the day was coming to an end.

"Shoot" Tyler mutters under his breath.