3. Nervous

"La, may pupuntahan po tayo." He whispered to his abuela.

"Saan, Apo? Mamamanhikan ka na ba kina Nicomaine?" Lola Linda shouted then laughed softly and teased, pinching her grandson's side. They were on their way out of the studio with Nicomaine and Ark walking alongside them.

RJ rubbed his nape and smiled shyly like a kid whose hand was caught inside the cookie jar. Nicomaine on the other hand looked pale, wringing her fingers as they walked. Why didn't she even remember the fact that her family watches Eat Bulaga every day?

Jusko naman Menggay, nagpadala ka kasi sa dimple e. She silently berated herself as she walked quietly beside RJ, her eyes focused on her feet.

"Mukhang ganon na nga po. Yung mga magulang po ni Nicomaine, nakita kami sa TV. Pinapapunta po ako sa bahay nila."

"Naku pasensya ka na, Apo." Lola Linda said apologetically as she reached for Maine's hand, looking worried. "Napahamak ka pa yata dahil sa hiling ko. Tara na sa inyo ng hindi tayo matraffic."

"Naku Lola, wag na po. Tsaka wala po yun. RJ, ako na lang ang magpapaliwanag sa pamilya ko. You don't have to trouble yourself about this. Ok lang talaga."

"No. I insist. Kasalanan ko din naman. And I wouldn't let you bear your family's anger alone."

"Ay, wow!" Ark exclaimed. "Ang OA nyo. Yung totoo? Kayo na ba? May paganyan ka na agad, RJ? Akala mo naman ipagtatapat nyong buntis tong si Menggay." She teased, chuckling.

"Ark, ssshhh. Ano ka ba?" Maine was blushing even redder and at the same time touched by RJ's gesture. She wasn't sure either why he was insistent in taking her home.

"Hewan ko sa inyong dalawa. Basta ako, Meng, I have to go. I'll meet a client pa. I will talk to you if di ka pa nababalatan ng buhay ni Tito Ted." She was still laughing as she bussed her cheek. Nicomaine stuck her tongue out at her bestfriend. "RJ, I am counting on you to make this right. You don't know Tito Ted. All I can tell you is, #StayStrongRJ." She advised. "And..." She paused and held his shoulders, shaking RJ gently. "It has been nice knowing you." Then she laughed and walked away.

"Uhm, Nicomaine, ok lang ba si Ark?" He asked. Honestly, he wanted to ask a different question. He could feel sweat rolling down his back in anticipation not knowing what to expect when they arrive in Bulacan. The words was dead man walking running inside his head over and over.

"Hayaan mo na yun. Baliw lang talaga yan. You haven't met Sheena yet." She joked. She suddenly felt uneasy now that Ark has left and why did she even tell him about Sheena?

Ano Meng, may balak ka bang ipakilala pa si RJ sa lahat ng kaibigan mo? Sa tingin mo magpapakita pa sayo si RJ after today?

"Magkakasundo kami nyang si Ark, apo. RJ, sa tingin mo ba magugustuhan sya ng Kuya RD mo?"

"Lola naman. Di pa nga natin to naayos. Magmamatch-make ka na naman."

"Pero seryoso ako, Hija. Sasamahan ka namin. San ka ba nakatira?"

"Sa Bulacan pa po, Lola. Ako na po bahala. Mapapagod pa po kayo sa biyahe. Birthday nyo pa naman today."

"Apo. Matigas pa ang tuhod ng lola. Wag kang magalala. RJ. Ano pang hinihintay mo, kunin mo na yung kotse."

"Opo, La." RJ smiled at Nicomaine apologetically before heading towards the parking lot.

He walked away bracing himself for what he was about to face, praying he comes out the other side unscathed.

A/N:

Okay, eto na. Pasensya na po sa maigsing chapter at natagalan ako sa pagupdate. I got busy with AMACon4 and adulting. 😭

So what do you want to see happen next?

Let me know what you think. Comment down below or tweet me at @bankingonkismet.