The Aftermath

Shortly after running out the party it started to rain, I was just so distraught I didn't care I had to get away from all those people. I was so wrong about Sean, he would hurt me and I was to in love with him to see it coming. After wandering for what seems like forever, still pouring down rain, I hear a car approaching. Out of my peripherals I notice it's Sean's car. I hear him throw the car in park and hop out. He comes running over to me calling my name and carrying his blazer throwing it around my arms. I know my face is all puffy but I don't care how he sees me right now. "Rebekah, please wait. Let me explain. She kissed me, I want nothing to do with her. I love you and I'm falling in love with you. Why would I take you and introduce you to every important person in my life if you were not the one I wanted to be with?" I kept walking and of course he kept walking with me. I just couldn't handle this right now, I wanted to be alone but even after what happened I still secretly wanted to be in his arms in his bed. After walking a little distance from his car, he finally stopped walking and grabbed my arms. "Please tell me what I can do to fix this. To make this right again. Your the best thing that has happened to me in a while."

Hearing the cracking of his voice tells me he isn't lying, but I just don't know what to think right now. I work up the courage to look in his eyes, "Sean I don't know how to deal with this right now. Maybe you should just head back to the party, it is in your honor after all." He starts shaking his head so fast I think it might snap from his neck. "I will absolutely not leave you out here in the pouring rain, in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere. Please just come with me, we can talk and figure this out. Its still early in our relationship but I know we can work through this." I carefully consider his offer and feeling as drained as I am, a hot shower and comfortable bed sound so good right about now. "Alright Sean, I will let you take me home. On one condition, I don't want to talk about it tonight, I'm too drained. Please." "Ok, I promise we'll just shower and eat something and call it a night." We head to his car and he hesitantly puts his arm around my shoulders and because it feels so right I don't shrug it off.

Sean's POV

As I walk up on the stage I have a gut feeling something is gonna go wrong. Soon as I reach the mic Evelyn kisses me smack on the mouth. My first instinct is to look for Rebekah and see her reaction. As I find her, she stares into my soul and then gets up from her chair and darts from the room. I'm frozen in place for a moment, as I hear everyone in the room making speculations and what not about what they just witnessed. I finally gather my bearings and run from the stage in the direction she just went. By the time I reach the lobby she has already left the building, I hear my name being called and turn to find Roland and Allyson chasing after me. "Dude what just happened in there?" Allyson saying "where did Rebekah go?" My head is racing with so many thoughts, I barely have the words formed to make a coherent sentence, "I have no idea what's going on, like at all. I don't know why Evelyn would kiss me. I don't know why Rebekah would run without giving me a chance to explain. I have to find her you guys, I cant let her slip away from me." I tell Roland to wrap things up for me while I go looking for her. I ask around to see if anyone saw her run out and which way she went. I find out she ran out about five minutes before I came looking for her and that she went right out of the hotel. She was so upset she didn't even grab a cab or anything and its pouring. I grab my car from the valet and start speeding in her direction. After about 15-20 minutes of driving I see her walking along the side of the road with her head dropped down. I immediately throw my car in park and hop out calling her name.

As I reach her I notice how puffy her face is and how red her eyes are. "Rebekah, please wait. Let me explain. She kissed me, I want nothing to do with her. I love you and I'm falling in love with you. Why would I take you and introduce you to every important person in my life if you were not the one I wanted to be with?" She just kept walking with her head down and when I knew she wasn't going to answer me I stopped and gently grabbed her arms and turned her to face me. "Please tell me what I can do to fix this. To make this right again. Your the best thing that has happened to me in a while." My voice cracks and I see her shoulders rise a little letting me know I'm reaching her. She finally looks up at me and when she does it breaks my heart, "Sean I don't know how to deal with this right now. Maybe you should just head back to the party, it is in your honor after all." I start shaking my head fast and reply "I will absolutely not leave you out here in the pouring rain, in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere. Please just come with me, we can talk and figure this out. Its still early in our relationship but I know we can work through this." I see her contemplating my offer and hear her sigh of defeat, "Alright Sean, I will let you take me home. On one condition, I don't want to talk about it tonight, I'm too drained. Please." I reply "Ok, I promise we'll just shower and eat something and call it a night." We head towards the car and I hesitate at first and then say fuck it and wrap my arms around her and when she doesn't make a move to brush my arm off I start to relax a little.

End Sean's POV

A short while later I feel someone shaking me a little and as I come to I hear someone saying "Rebekah, wake up. We're home baby." The more I start to wake up I recognize Sean's voice and suddenly I'm wide awake. I remember where I am, how I got there, exactly everything I witnessed tonight. I start to feel sad and upset again and hear myself stifle a sob. I realized he heard it to when he reaches inside the car and picks me up and cradles me against his chest. Once he retrieves me and my shoes and clutch he shuts the car door and sets off to his front door. He manages to unlock and open the door with ease and I'm not surprised, he can bench 320. Once inside he closes and locks his door, sits my things down and proceeds to his bedroom. He sits me on the bed and heads to get the shower going. He comes walking back into his room a short minute later and walks straight over to me. He places both hands on each side of my face and kisses me, slowly, stealing my breath away. I kiss him back with so much urgency, but I have to stop myself. I love this man, lord knows I do, but what I've been through tonight I just cant even think about it. I slowly place my hands on either shoulder and give him a gentle shove. "Sean, I cant do this tonight. I'm sorry, if you wont me to go I will." He pulled back with a quickness and looked me straight in the eye. " What would even make you think I didn't want you here? Now or always? I will always understand when you don't want to do something, or talk about something. I just needed that so badly, I apologize." I nod letting him know I understand where he is coming from. "I just want to take a nice hot shower with you, and then I would like the crawl into your nice, fluffy, king sized bed and cuddle into your side and possibly discuss what happened tonight. Maybe not even because I'm so emotionally drained right now Sean. I'm so damned drained, and angry at that...that I wouldn't even call her a woman. She knew exactly what she was doing when she came back here..." I trail off not wanting to discuss this any further until I've showered.

I walk over to him and start undressing him, he's taken back at first but then follows my moves and reaches for the hem of my shirt. Once we're both standing in our birthday suits, I grab his hand and head for his bathroom and straight into the shower. The hot water feels amazing against my skin after walking in the rain and I moan from deep within at how its making my skin feel tingly. When I feel myself starting to drift off to sleep, Sean grabs the washcloth and soap and starts to wash all over my body. After we're both washed and rinsed, he grabs a towel and ties it around his waist and then grabs another to wrap around my whole body. We walk into his room neither of us saying anything, I flop on the bed as he starts drying off and getting dressed. Next he grabs my wrist and pulls me to an upright position and starts drying me off as well. After he makes sure not a drop of water is left on me he throws one of his shirts over my head and we climb into his bed. Instead of letting me lay next to him and cuddle, he pulls me onto his lap so I'm straddling him. I have no choice but to look in his eyes. "Are you ready to talk about it?" I knew it was coming, but was I ready to say the words out loud? "How could you let this happen? I know it wasn't necessarily your fault but you could have pushed her away. It should have been natural instinct, instead you froze up." I didn't give him a chance to explain yet, I just kept on talking and getting my feelings off my chest. "That woman is vindictive and manipulative. She knew what her plans were when she arrived back here in North Carolina. She wasn't going to let anyone stand in her way. I need to know if there are feelings there what so ever?" He started shaking his head and then he looked at me, "I haven't done anything at all to make her think I want her back nothing at..." and he pauses. "Sean what it is? You have to be honest with me I can handle it." "I may have checked her out when she showed up at my job." That right there was even a slap in the face. What was I gonna do about this new information I was being informed of?