Chapter 4- Old Friend

Weird being back here, this low I mean. Thanks those of you who are reading! I love you guys and... yeah this is gonna be 162 chapter book again... and then there'll be one after this... I love writing. Sorry I'll let you go- ba-bye!

"Isa," Mr. Tomo's gentle voice said, "Isa, breakfast is ready." I sat up, "I'm not hungry," I said. "I'll alert the King and Queen," he said and I heard his footsteps go down the hall. I sat up and looked around the room, and I saw myself from my vanity mirror. My black hair was matted. I still look like a mess.

I got up, and for the first time in weeks I felt like giving a damn about what I look like this morning. I brushed my hair down my black hair down to the middle of my back, and I patched my face up with some makeup. I looked at the calander, the last five days haven't been marked off, but I knew today was a Thursday. I wore shorts and nicer top than a t-shirt.

I sat on my bed to finish the last few chapters of a book I've been reading. It was a good book, honestly. It's was written by a certain wizard from Magnolia. Lucy Heartfilia has a lot of books published, and they're all bestsellers. I have every single one.

I finished the last page and left it on the shelf, and I went out the door, when I looked down the corridor, I saw the closest person I've had to a friend. "Adam?" I asked as I stepped out. He must've been on his way to my room. "Isa," he said. I smiled and he surprised me when he hugged me.

Adam is from the next nation over- Idiore. He's the prince there, an only child. "How long has it been? A year?"

Fiore and Idieore have been in alliance since the war ended. Funny, since we almost always had troops on each other's grounds. "I think so. Not since my birthday, right?" he asked. "Yeah," I said. "How old are you now, fifteen?" he asked. "Yep."

"You didn't come down for breakfast," he said. "I wan't hungry," Lie. I was avoiding my family. "Why are you guys here?" I asked. "We're here to see you become queen," he said. "Y'all are staying for a long time," I said. He gave me a weird look. "What?"

"It's supposed to be a few weeks," I said. He gave me a pained surprised looked. "Isa... it's tomorrow," he said. I felt myself feel with shock. "You're kidding," I heard the harsh tone in my voice. "I thought you knew," he said. "They never told me a date!"

He looked to the left and scratched the back of his neck. I pushed around him and he watched me go. "Isa," he said. I walked around the corner and I heard him follow me down the stairs.

I stormed into the sitting room where I knew they'd be. I felt anger storm up inside me, and I knew what I was about to do was going to get me in trouble. I ripped open the tall door and stormed in. "When were you going to tell me?" I asked. My father shrugged. "Tell you what?"

"That the galla is tomorrow?" I said rather loudly. "You didn't ask," He shrugged in a way that made me want to strangle him. So carelessly.

Adam stood next to me and he looked at me in a concerned way. I was close to crying. "Ugh! I hate you!" I yelled as I stormed out of the room and left Adam and our parents behind us. Without even asking for permission, I went outside to the court yards. The gates were tall but the scenery was beautiful. There's always something to look at out here.

I sat on the first bench I saw with an attitude. I pulled my knees to my chest and I cried. I don't want to be queen. I don't want to be trapped here anymore. I want out. I want out...

I swiped my wrist with my middle finger on the same hand, and a pistol appeared in my hands. I looked at the entrictly decorated Glock 19, and I moved my finger over the trigger. Slowly, I cocked the gun and started to lift it up to my head. Someone grabbed it from my hand and threw it to the ground behind them. "Isa!" he said and held my wrist.

I sobbed and he kept quiet. "Isa, listen to me," I quieted down and he still had a hand wrapped around my wrist. "Listen. to. me," he said. "What are you doing?" he asked. I didn't say anything, I just broke from his grip and wrapped my hands around his neck without thinking. He let me cry in his shoulder.

He pulled away from me first. "Don't do that again," he said, "it really scared me."

I swallowed and nodded my head. I felt his finger grace my cheek and pushed a piece of hair behind my ear. He started to pull my face towards his, and I didn't even accept what was happening. But just as he was about to kiss me, I pulled away fast. I broke from his grip and moved towards the edge of the bench.

"I'm sorry," he said. "Don't apologize." I wish I hadn't pulled away. "I'm looking forward to tomorrow," he said. "I am too," I said. Lie.

He grabbed my upper arm and pulled me to him. "Let's go inside. I don't want to leave you out here," he said. I nodded and he stood up and held a hand to help me up, I took it. He looked at me and smiled. "If you didn't notice," he said, "I really, really like you."