Coffee

Hakyeon's P.O.V

     "One Iced Americano." My coworker, Hongbin called from the cash register. I poured the coffee mix into the coffee maker and let the dark liquid seep into a glass of ice. I shook it around and poured it into our café's signature cups. I slid the cup to its rightful costumer and filled another order Hongbin threw at me.

     "Hey guys, look what I got!" Jaehwan shouted opening the door to the café. He set a small bag on the counter and pulled out a bar of chocolate. I rolled my eyes and continued making a mocha latte for the next costumer.

     "Come on Jaehwan, your break's over, and right now is the busiest." I nagged. He groaned and ran to the back room. The bell attached to the door rang as six girls and three boys in school uniforms entered. I let out a large breath and thanked whatever god exists that Jaehwan had come back in time.

     "Order up!" Jaehwan called as he tied his apron behind his neck. The teens placed their complicated orders. Jaehwan and I ran around trying to place all the orders correctly. I sighed once all the orders were filled.

     "It's been a long day; do you guys want to go out to dinner." Hongbin suggested. I swung my arm over Jaehwan's shoulder. Hongbin flipped the closed sign and we walked out of the café.

     "What place is open now?" Jaehwan asked. I dragged the both of them down the street past the shops whose lights were out until I stepped in front of one well-lit shop. We entered and we were greeted with warm air and the smell of cooking meat.

      We set our jackets on the back of the chairs and waited for the waiter to bring us a menu, a menu which we ordered from freely, since it was an all you can eat. We also each ordered a bottle of soju.

      "Does anyone have anything special this week?" Hongbin asked. None of us every really did anything other than work, it was boring. We shook our heads and started placing slices of meat on the grill. A large man stood up from his table and started walking to the door, but when he passed our table he bumped into my arm.

      "Get out of my way you piece of shit." He said. I looked at him shocked as he was the one that bumped into me. The man just growled at me before he raised his fist. He swung at me, but before it connected, a pale hand blocked its path.

                                                     Leo's P.O.V

I was trying to have a nice dinner back in Korea, one with slightly overcooked meat and soju, but an asshole was aggressively bothering another table. When the man was about to swing at one of the other men, I had to stop it.

I blocked his fist and secured it behind his back, pushing him to the ground. I kicked him outside and walked back to my meat, hoping it didn't burn. I placed a piece of meat into my mouth and melted into the taste I remembered from my childhood.

"Um... Excuse me?" I hear a voice speak next to me. "I just wanted to thank you." He said. I nodded and took another look at him. He wasn't very tall, average. His hair and eyes were both brown. His bright yellow sweater contrasted his tan skin.

But his eyes, they were more than just brown like everyone else in Asia. His eyes reminded me of black coffee, unsweetened, because they didn't need sugar or milk to make them sweet. They were beautiful, and caffeinated, keeping me awake.

I watched him sit down next to his friends, I watched them laugh, converse about their futures. I stood up and tossed money onto the table walking out the door, but not before giving one more glance at the brown eyed boy.

                                                                          Hakyeon's P.O.V

      The man who saved me, his hair was the color of milk, not quite snow, but close. His eyes were cold, but soft. He had secrets.

      "You didn't even get his name?" Jaehwan asked as I watched him leave. My head snapped back to the others and I questioned his words. "Your knight in shining armor. Ah, love at first sight is a wonderful thing." He teased. I kicked him from under the table and stuck out my tongue.

      "Like you would know." I shot back. He flicked a piece of rice at my face in protest. I rubbed the grain of rice off my face and shoved meat into my mouth before I could make another comeback.

"So Hongbin, how's your collage applications going, you should get a real job, unlike us." I said trying to change the subject. Hongbin just slammed his chin into his hands and sighed. Hongbin had just graduated high school a year ago, and took a break to earn enough money to go to college.

      I took another sip of my drink and sighed, trying to get the blond out of my thoughts.