6

I continued to go to the coffee shop and meet with Hakyeon. He always asked simple questions. 'What do you like to do?', 'What's your favorite color?' And even 'If you were a vegetable, what vegetable would you be?'. I was afraid of the question I knew was coming. Questions about what happened that night.

The Black Widow has gone silent since I reached one of their men, I had searched everywhere. My boss was getting restless, and I knew I had to tell him the truth.

"Sir, there is something we have to discuss. The job, isn't just a drug deal. It is an entire gang, that is related to the mafia. The Triad, the Bratva, the Yakuza. That's why I couldn't finish the job." I explained. I heard my boss shift uncomfortably on the other end. My eyes sharpened.

"You knew? You sent me here knowing I have a connection with these people! What good will that do?" I asked. He hung up and I threw my phone on the ground. I flung my jacket onto my body and headed outside.

I drove to the old warehouse the Black Widow was using for transportation. I searched every angle of the warehouse to get something, anything. But the time on my watch interrupted me. I had been fifteen minutes late for the coffee shop.

I entered the café, I was still tense. I knew Hakyeon would notice, and I wondered if I would answer his question. I sat down with my regular order and Hakyeon smiled.

"You're not angry I'm late?" I asked. He shook his head and took a sip of his coffee.

"You were probably doing something important. You have been coming successfully for five days now. Usually people would have to cancel at least once." He reasoned. I nodded and sunk back into my chair.

"My question for today is, would you like to go somewhere else tomorrow? I think the coffee shop might be getting kind of boring." He suggested.

"Where?" I asked.

"I know it seems childish, but I'd like to go to the zoo." He hid his face in embarrassment and played with his fingers.

"I'd like that." I said softly. I had known it when I saw him. It was a feeling I couldn't make go away no matter how much I tried. I was in love with Hakyeon, but I knew I could never have him. He lifted his head up and smiled.

"Seoul Grand Park, 11:00. I'll see you then." He said jumping out of his seat and running into the back room. I gave a small smile and headed outside.

When I reached my hotel room, I saw the door was slightly ajar. I pulled a pistol out of my boot and pressed my back against the wall, slowly inching my way past the door. I saw a figure sitting on the couch and let the back of his head meet the barrel of my gun.

"Wow, wow, buddy calm yourself." A familiar voice laughed. I lowered my gun and the man turned around smiling at me.

"Ravi?" I asked. He laughed and walked to my side. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and greeted me.

"Boss man sent me to help you with the Black Widow." He explained. I shifted out of his grip and sat on the couch.

"All I've got is what I already know." I grumbled opening the file with all the information. Ravi took it from me and flipped through the pages.

"And they just disappeared?" He asked. I nodded and leaned back. Ravi stood up and walked to his bag that he must have placed in the corner of the room before I got back. He pulled out another folder and threw it at me. I opened it and read the first page. It had information on the Black Widow's trades and trade routes.

"Why wasn't I given this before? Ravi, what is the boss hiding?" I asked. Ravi just shrugged, but I knew he knew something.

"All right then, what are we going to do? It's not like we can just go stop their trade. We were sent to destroy the entire gang, weren't we?" I questioned. Ravi nodded, seemingly entranced in his phone. I groaned and took the file to the bed.

"If you're staying here, you get the couch!" I called. Ravi brushed me off, engrossed in his game. I opened the file and read the whole thing. I looked at the time and saw it was late so I changed into comfortable cloths and climbed under the covers.

I heard Ravi grab a blanket and lay on the couch. Once he was quiet I relaxed and drifted into dreamland.