The Sorting

Indiana's POV

"Firs' years! Firs' years over 'ere! Don't be shy now, come on!" Eliza and I step off the train and cautiously walk towards the gigantic man, who was shouting the first years over. We were the first to approach him.

"'Ello, my name's Rubeus Hagrid and I am the game keeper 'ere at Hogwarts, please, call me Hagrid. And 'ho might you two be?"

"I'm Elizabeth Weasley, Charlie Weasley's daughter." Eliza gives him a big grin.

"Charlie's daughter! Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Charlie was constantly on about them dragons he 'as in Romania last time I saw him. Greatly misunderstood creature dragons are, wouldn't you agree?" Eliza nodded in response. "And 'ho're you?

"My names Indiana, Indiana Bespoke."

"Blimey! Well, seems like everyone's 'ere now, I 'ope to be speakin' to you two later then. Come on firs' years! Into the boats! Four people per boat please!" We clambered into the front of the first boat we saw, followed by two others, and then they set off over the lake.

There it was.

Hogwarts was lit up from the inside, bright lights shining out from the windows. We were all whispering excitedly, when I was tapped on the back.

"Indiana? Is that you?"

"Marcus! I didn't know you were coming to Hogwarts!" His brown eyes lit up with excitement. "I thought you were a Muggle!"

"So did I until 14th August!" He leant forward and whispered in my ear. "I also know you're an Elemental."

"How in hell did you know that?" That could have turned out terribly, thank god he was a Wizard.

"I saw you practising yesterday." Oops. "Why don't you show them what you've got, huh? There's a lot of water here...." We shared a fairly evil smirk and I turned back to the front.

The water followed my hand as I made a huge arc over the boats, and since I was up in the front, everyone knew it was me. Then I made the water rise beneath us. Then people started freaking out. When we were closer to the shore and the boats started slowing down, I lowered the water. There were some whoops and shouts, and Marcus clapped me on the back.

We got off the boats and followed Hagrid to where a stern woman, who must have been a Profesor, stood in front of two huge wooden doors. All chatting seized when Hagrid left us alone with her.

"May I have your attention please? I am Profesor McGonagall, Headmistress and Head of Gryffindor House. In a few moments you will enter the Great Hall to join your fellow pupils, but first you will be sorted into one of four houses. Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, or Gryffindor. Stay here for a moment, I will be back shortly." And with that she turned and walked into what must have been the Great Hall. And true to her word, she was back within ten seconds. "Please follow me." Once again, Eliza and I were at the front, leading the group.

When we got to the front of the hall, there were many gawping faces, but all of us were about to get a shock.

The old hat on the old stool in front of us, began to sing.

"Listen to me,
I am the Sorting Hat,
To put you in a Hogwarts House,
But enough about that,
What Do These House Stand For?
You say,
Listen to me,
I have much to say.
You could be suited to Slytherin,
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind.
You might reside in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil.
Or you might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring and their chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart.
So place me on your head,
They shall,
And we will find an answer,
Welcome to Hogwarts,
Dear first years,
Now let this Sorting begin."
(A/N - I'm so sorry, that was awful, I tried my hardest to rhyme, I swear! 😂)
Everyone clapped and cheered, until Profesor McGonagall called them all to silence.
"We shall now start the Sorting Ceremony." She held up a piece of parchment. "Akin, Marcus." He stepped up and sat on the stool.