Prologue

*The Richard Family's mansion pictures above*

Prologue

I walked happily down the hallway with a smile on my face saying hi to the people I knew and just walking with a smile to everyone else. I'm a freshman. My name is Alexa Richards. I'm quiet and shy for the most part. I am short and I don't know what's taking so long haven't really gone through puberty yet. I'm 15 and I haven't even gotten my first period yet. My mom says it's because I'm still growing and I really hope she's right. I have short dirty blonde hair in a bob hairstyle and blue eyes.

My best friends name is Melissa. Melissa and I met in sixth grade. She is a cheerleader. She has always been an amazing best friend to me but she tends to act a little slutty around guys. I love her to death but sometimes I feel a little more invested in our Friendship that she is.

I also have a great boyfriend, his name is Vance. Vance and I have been dating since the end of summer, which was about five months ago. He has a hipster kind of fashion. His trademark is beanies, he loves them. He has shaggy dirty-blondish brown hair with natural highlights and brown eyes.

Melissa and Vance get along pretty well for the most part but they fight sometimes. I used to have another best friend too, his name is Charlie.

Charlie and I are still friends kind of. When he joined the swim and lacrosse teams, he became popular. That's not a very big issue it just seems like he always has a lot more going on and spending time with me isn't really a priority. It really hurts me when I think about how I wasn't important enough to him for us to stay best friends. His looks helped his popularity, he is really good looking. Short, curly, warm brown hair and nice green eyes pair that with his strong jaw line and firm muscles and you have the typical hot jock.

I was smiling because I was going to give Vance his birthday surprise. I got him a new beanie I knew he would love. It was army green, his favorite color. He said he was going to the library right now so I thought I could give him his present to make him happy because he gets bored really easily. I walked by a bunch of different doors that lead to supply closets and classrooms and bathroom. I heard a loud bang come from inside the janitors closet. Being the curious girl I am, I opened the door just a crack to see my best friend and my boyfriend getting it on.

My jaw dropped, I let go of the door and took a step back. The door flung open because Vance was trying to lean Melissa up against it but that just made it fling opened. Stumbling the two caught themselves and were about to go back in when they noticed me.

"Lexi, Baby, I can explain." Vance said setting Melissa down and slowly walking towards me. I shook my head as if telling him to stop and trying to shake that new memory out of my head.

"No, stop." I whispered, tears in my eyes. "Melissa how could you?" I asked. It hurt more to see my best friend and my boyfriend together than I think it would have if it was a stranger and my boyfriend. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Come on! You had to have seen this coming? God, your so naive! We flirt with each other all the time. You are just so stupid. Why would a guy like Vance want to be with you. You are flat chested and have no shape to your body. You have dull hair and absolutely zero muscle. Why would Vance want you when he could have me. I'm tall, I have a great body, I'm a brunette, and I am a cheerleader. What more could a guy ask for?" I was shocked so I just stood there.

"Vance was going to break up with you today anyway, Alexa." My best friend of four years told me like I didn't matter. I turned to Vance and looked at him. He looked so guilty, that's how I knew Melissa wasn't lying. I slapped him so hard his head snapped to the other side and a red hand print appeared on his cheek.