Slingshot 1: Meet, Meghan

1

DRE'S POV

It's just an ordinary day for most of the high school students at South Lake High. Wake up, get dress, and get ready for school. I texted my friend Brett to see if he's ready yet. I often pick up Brett on the way to school since our houses are just around the block. We've been best friends way back highschool because both of our parents are college friends before. Which makes us best friends as well.

I'm Dre Johan Ford, the typical teenage guy who gags himself to his phone, texting and listening to music. A brownish black-headed guy with black eyes. I sing, play guitar and bass, and dance. I don't normally show them in public. It's just Brett who knows what I'm capable of. Ok, enough said. I finished eating breakfast and went straight to the car to pick up Brett. 

After a 15 minute drive, I honked my car to let Brett know that I'm here. I opened my car window and saw him waving goodbye to his mom and he ran towards the car. He's Brett Lance Aldridge, your typical teenage guy who also gags himself to his phone and listens to music. A brunette-headed guy with bluish-grey eyes. Loves to play cool instruments that suit him being a teenager like a guitar, bass, and drums. He's not the shy type of guy like me. 

"Hey! What got you up so early?" Brett asked upon entering the car. 

"Psh! Don't even ask, it's just for today." I complained.

"Okay, okay! Geez, hold your horses, Ford."

"Tsss. Let's go."

We didn't talk while on our way to school, Brett put in his earphones on and listened to music and fell asleep throughout the ride. After 20 or 30 minutes drive to school, we finally arrived. I immediately parked the car at the parking lot and we went straight to our classroom. Students shouting, screaming, hugging, and talking filled the whole school. While towards our classroom, I saw Celeste Abigail Creighton, the witch-bitch of the campus, coming towards us. Great! What a way to start the day. A freak coming my way. I am the luckiest guy ever. Note that sarcasm, please. She sure acts as nothing has happened between us. 

"Hey Dre! Nice to see you again." she said, showing off her pearly-white teeth. Brett hit my stomach with his elbow. I groan in agony. "Jesus, what the hell was that for?!" I sent daggers at him. That hurt so freaking bad. He looked at me, shrugged, and shook his head. Geez, some friend he is.

"Uhh. Yeah. Nice to see you too". I replied. Ugh! I reached my backpack and acted like I'm looking for something inside. Good thing her classes are not the same as mine.

"So, How's your semestral break?" Does she get tired of following me around?! Damn. I just want to push her off a cliff but then I'd be accused of murder. "It's fine," I replied. I don't wanna talk to this girl. The sentence kept repeating in my head. Oh fuck, she's so clingy and annoying."Oooh. Had fun?" GO AWAY! "Yeah. Sort of." I grimaced. After she's done talking to me, she immediately went straight to her class. FINALLY!

Brett and I walked fast towards our first class, which is English, as soon as Celeste left. As we entered the room, loud noises of babbling in every corner of the room welcomed us as we went to find a seat available.

---------------------

*knock knock knock

When we heard the knock, everybody rushed into their seats and sat down quietly. "Good Morning!" Ms. Olive greeted. She's our English class teacher and at the same time, our Class Adviser. She's the kind teacher who understands the students feeling or experiences, she often hangs with us sometimes. Cool teacher right?

"Good Morning Ms. Olive" We all said in chorus.

"You may take your seats. Okay, class! This year, we will be having a new student who will join us in the class. I hope everyone will be nice and let her fit in." Ms. Olive announced. Wait a minute, new student? Everybody has gone whispering and chatting.

I looked at the window beside the door, a girl is standing right there. Hmmm? Is she the new student? "Okay hush now everyone. Quiet! Now, please come in young lady." Ms. Olive called the girl from outside. She stood beside Ms. O, and smiled cheerfully.

"Class, I would like you to meet, Meghan"

---------------------------------------

Copyright © 2014 Slingshot by agentnerd | Teen Fiction |

All Rights Reserved.