Slingshot 3: Dre's PAST

3

BRETT'S POV

To: DJ

Bro! Meeting's finished. Sorry to keep you waiting, Where are you?

I texted Dre to inform him about our meeting, he didn't reply, so I walked towards the parking lot and there he is. He's sleeping. He might have fallen asleep waiting for me. Well, Brett Lance Aldridge, don't be such an idiot!

"Johan!" I called. I usually call him Johan or DJ sometimes. I don't like calling him Dre, it sounds weird. Kinda.

"Hey! Johan!" I called out when I sat beside him and shook his arms.

"Oh! Meeting's done? Why didn't you texted me?" he said. I crossed my arms in front of him and raised an eyebrow then pointed out his phone.

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't notice," he said. I shook my head and stood up. "Well then, Shall we? Sorry to keep you waiting by the way," I apologized.

He nodded and stood up. "It's ok. I've given Meghan a tour earlier anyways, no biggy."

"So, you gave her a tour, huh? Nice moves Jo!" I said laughing. I'm just teasing him. "Oh c'mon Brett! It's just a tour and don't make a big fuss about it, and she was the one who asked for a tour anyway," he said.

"Ok Ok! Easy there Jo! Don't get mad. I'm just fooling around" I told him.

"Psh! Okay, are we done? Can we go?" He said.

"Yup! But, I just have one request! Can we please pass by the coffee shop? I need to distress! I'm exhausted from the meeting earlier." I begged him. "Hmmm? Okay, sure!" he replied and got inside the car.

-------------

After a few minutes of traveling to the coffee shop, he immediately parked right in front of it and we went inside. I ordered an Iced Cafe Latte, Iced Caramel Macchiato, and two four-cheese flatbread. Yum! It made my stomach growl a bit. As we sat down, we talked about our homework and some stuff about our meeting earlier.

"I almost forgot!" he said and immediately his phone out of his pocket and scrolled through his gallery. Hmmm? I didn't pay attention to that, I just took a sip of my latte and ate a piece of my bread.

"Here! Pft --- Please don't hate me for this," he said trying hard not to laugh while handing me his phone. What's inside the phone anyway?

I took his phone and I looked at the screen and I saw a photo of myself. I was sleeping with my mouth wide open and my head rested on the chair. It looks like I'm about to drool! It's not even on my right angle, I look stupid. Ugh! Johan! How did he snatch a picture of me this morning, he was driving!

I looked at Johan with a confused and irritated expression then he suddenly burst out laughing. I shook my head and stomped on his foot. He glared at me and we both just started laughing. After a good few minutes, we stopped laughing and ate our food in silence. I feel happy for I only could see Johan laugh like this frequently.

This all started from what happened to him last year, I will never forget that moment, I've never seen him that hurt so much before. Thanks to Celeste. Ugh. Yes, the one only bitch, Celeste Abigail Creighton. You see, Johan never had a girlfriend before, and Celeste was his first. He was never planning on having a girlfriend yet at the time. But when Celeste came, she told him that she likes him and wants Johan to be her boyfriend. Well, Johan's hesitant at first but eventually agreed on the relationship. After a few weeks of being together, Johan had fallen in love with Celeste and they've been together for almost 3 months when Celeste decided to break up with him for no exact reason.

A few weeks after their break up, Johan has been hearing rumors that he was just used by Celeste because Johan is popular and one of the top students in school. Upon hearing that, I was like "What the fuck has gotten into you, girl?!". That's why Johan's been rude to Celeste until now. He doesn't wanna talk to her anymore but Celeste just keeps on coming back and tries to be friends with him. Which I know will never happen.

After we were finished with the bread that we ordered, we decided to go home. As we arrived at my house, I immediately went out of the car with the remaining coffee from the coffee shop in my hands.

"Bye Johan! Thanks for the ride! Take care!" I said waving at him goodbye. "Sure thing Lance!" Lance? That's new.

I went inside my house and went straight to my room, changed my clothes, and went downstairs to eat dinner. After I finished dinner, I went back to my room, worked on our homework, and checked my notifications, if there's any. Well, some friend requests again and messages from the council. I shut down my laptop and drifted to sleep. 

---------------------------------------

Copyright © 2014 Slingshot by agentnerd | Teen Fiction |

All Rights Reserved.