Slingshot 4: Wait, What?!

4

MEGHAN'S POV

It has been a few months since I transferred here at South Lake High. At first, It was kinda hard to fit in with these classy looking aliens. Just kidding. I do like their outfits but I don't dress like one. Like now, I'm wearing a pink shirt, black jeans, keds, and my hair braided into a waterfall while everybody's into Gucci shoes, Prada bags, Forever 21 clothes. Well, I'm not everybody. I beg to differ.

Even though it was hard to fit in with these classy people, I eventually gain friendship with a girl named Cheyenne Lyric McLean. Classy name isn't it? It's pronounced as 'Shy-Anne'. Brown eyes, blonde hair, and brown highlights. She also has classy figures like the other SLH Students, but not too much. She's like your typical teenage model. She can even sing, she can hit the high notes of any song. God! This girl has the voice of a goddess, it fits her name perfectly.

"Meghan! Hurry up, I'm freakin' hungry!" It's Chey exclaiming, again and again, she's complaining like a baby asking for candy. She's wearing her peach-colored skinny jeans, doll shoes, a shirt that's so ever simple with a big peace sign printed on it, which I love and her hair braided into a fishtail.

"Okay, Okay! Just calm down, Chey. I'll be right there, you go on ahead." I said and she stormed out of the room and waited outside. I followed her and we immediately (and literally) ran to the cafeteria. Chey's holding my hand and I let myself be dragged by her. She's so strong, that's why I can't get loose. We entered the cafeteria and we saw Dre and Brett at the end of the line. We stood right next to them.

"Hey!" Brett greeted us, a playful grin on his face.

"Hey, Brett! Looking good as always" I complimented. He replied along with his signature smile.

I saw Dre with his earphones on and scrolling through his playlist. He's wearing a white shirt with a batman logo printed on it, black skinny jeans, and with his vans. While Brett is wearing a white shirt with a superman logo printed on it, red jeans, and Vans shoes. Wait, do these people have some superhero thing going on here? I think I caught sight of a guy also wearing a spiderman shirt. What the hell? Am I that observant?

After we got our food, we walked down the hall that leads to our next class, and the whole conversation was filled with laughter because of Brett's turned on hyper mode. Dre still has his earphones on, not caring about what's happening with his surroundings. We entered the room filled with babbling and gossip conversations of the oh-so-classy students.

"Meghan, I gotta go to my next class, I'm almost late, I still need to change my clothes. See you later!" They said and kissed my cheek then flew away to her next class which is PE, why the hell does she need to change her clothes? We don't have model classes here even though she looks like a model.

"Wait! I'll come with you! See you later dudettes!" Brett also flew away to his next class, catching up to Chey. The bell rang and it only means the class is about to start. Dre and I went inside our classroom and sat silently next to the window. I followed and sat right next to him.

DRE'S POV

Hours went by smoothly. Currently, we're having lunch with Meghan and Chey. We're like hungry lions attacking billions of food in silence. But how is it possible if we're attacking and then it's silent? Well, we are all impossible.

*ting!

I grabbed my phone inside my pocket, but I can't open what's inside because my hands are kinda dirty. "Meg! Can you open the message for me, please? My hands are kinda dirty" I asked.

"Sure!" she said. Wiping his hands with a napkin, I handed her my phone. "Password?" she asked. I leaned over to her and whispered my password. She nodded in response and typed her way on my phone.

"Who's it from?" I asked without looking at her and munching my chicken.

"I have no idea. It's just a phone number, it only says 'Hi Dre' " Huh? That's strange. I took a peak on my phone and looked at the number flashing through the screen. It's her alright. Why can't she just leave me alone?

Meghan looked at me with a confused expression. She couldn't tell what's happening to me. She still doesn't know. Well damn! She's a transferee for God's sake.

"Is it her?" Cheyenne interrupted my thoughts. I looked at her and nod.

"Psh! What a bitch" She told me. "Mind telling me what's going on?" Meghan entered the conversation.

"It's best, you don't know now. It's too complicated to explain." I told her. She's hesitant at first to accept what I just said, but then she agreed and handed me my phone. I tucked it inside my pocket. I went back to finishing the last bits of my lunch.

------------------

"Juniors. Listen!" Ms. Olive announced. We're currently in a meeting regarding our upcoming prom, here at the SLH Auditorium. Everybody's excited I could tell. I'm just quietly sitting in a corner and tries to listen to the announcements. Sitting right next to me is Meghan, Brett, and Cheyenne.

"The faculty and I have decided to give you the responsibility in preparing and organizing this tremendous event. For that, we need committees for the job. Can we count on you?" Ms. Olive said. She's always the spokesperson among the other teachers. No doubt, she's a good public speaker.

"Yes Ms!" everybody shouted in chorus.

"Ok. We need committees for...." She said while scanning the paper at Sir Reynold's hands.

"Committees for the sounds, anyone?" she announced looking at all of us. Some of our classmates raised their hands. Cheyenne also raised her hand since she loves music and it's her passion, not that being in the sounds committee involves singing, but because Chey sometimes creates songs and she could even use a Disc Jockey. Every guy's dream girl huh? After taking down the committees for sounds, Ms. Olive continued asking for other positions.

"Now, the last one is...." She checked again at Sir Reynold's paper.

"The Program Committee. Who wants to volunteer?" she looked at one of us again, then her eyes gazed in my direction.

"Dre? Do you wanna be on the Program Committee?" she asked me. Since I have no choice and a lot of students are staring.

"Sure Ms, not a problem, Brett said he'll volunteer," I said, which is a lie. No damn way I'll be in a committee without him. Brett looked at me with confusion. I looked at him and smiled sheepishly. He has no choice. I'm using the best friend card over here. Brett looked at Ms. Olive who's waiting for his answer. He smiled and nodded in response.

"Great! Anyone else?" she asked again. I then saw somebody raised their hand and Ms. Olive looked at it.

"Oh! Celeste, you want to join?" she called. What?! My eyes widened after hearing that. Is she fucking serious?! She nodded in reply then Ms. Olive asked for more committee members. Ugh! There's no way she's gonna be part of the committee.

"Ms! Meghan also wants to volunteer!" I said. While shaking my hand rapidly in the air. Meghan looked at me with a 'What-the face'. I looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Will you Meghan?" she turned to Ms. Olive when she was called.

"Uhhh—Ehhrmmm" she stuttered. Please Meghan Please. She looked at me once again with a 'What-the face'. I answered her with pleading eyes once again. She sighed deeply and turned to Ms. Olive.

"O-ok Ms. I will" she finally answered. Thank you, Meghan! She turned to me and whispered. "You'll pay for this," I answered her with a sheepish smile. She's cute when she does that. What?!

"You're cute when you're acting like that." Did I just say that out loud? WTF!

"Shut up!" she demanded. She is cute. I might fell for her any minute. Wait! What!?

---------------------------------------

Copyright © 2014 Slingshot by agentnerd | Teen Fiction |

All Rights Reserved.