Chapter 3

The next morning, Kali and the gang walked together down to the school buses that were loading the kids up for all the different camps. 

"Well I guess this is it" TJ sighed to the gang. 

"I'm sure gonna miss you guys" Kali frowned to her friends, like if she was never gonna see them again. 

"Well there's my bus, better get going" Gretchen said. 

"Yeah, same here" Spinelli added. 

"Bye Teej, you two try to have some fun okay" Mikey said. 

"Don't worry you two, you'll both have a great time without us" Vince told Kali and TJ. 

"I don't Vince, my plans were built for seven" TJ sighed. 

Kali and TJ then watched as their friends got on their buses. 

"Bon voyage Kali and TeeeJAAAAAY!" Mikey sang so loud it broke one of the bus windows. 

Gus was the last to leave. "Well guys there's my transport. Hey why don't you guys come with me? Military camp's gonna be a blast!" Gus smiled to Kali and TJ. 

Kali and the others then heard Gus's drill sergeant yelling at him to get on the bus. 

"Uh... No thanks Gus" Kali politely declined. 

"Okay, but you don't know what you're missing" Gus told them before heading over to his bus. 

"Good luck Gus, you're gonna need it" TJ said. 

"I'm sorry Teej" Kali frowned to her only friend who wasn't going to camp. "I'm gonna miss the gang too, but I bet you and I can find something fun to do" she suggested. 

"Yeah sure" TJ only sighed, with his eyes looking down at the concrete. 

Kali felt sorry for herself knowing that this was supposed to be her first summer with her new friends, but she felt even more sorry for TJ. Kali and the others watched the buses soon leaved as their friends waved goodbye. 

"Man this summer's gonna whomp" TJ sulked. 

"I couldn't agree more" Kali added with a sigh. "The Whompinest summer ever".

"So what do you want to do first TJ?" Cadpig soon asked, trying to cheer him up. 

"We could go down to the pond and skip rocks" TJ replied while shrugging his shoulders. 

The kids grabbed their bikes and rode around town, noticing it was quiet and empty as no one was around. The two kids and three dalmatian pups all went down to the pond to skip rocks. But they were all too bored, especially TJ. 

The gang then decided to go home after a few minutes later. 

"I'm sorry about this Teej" Kali frowned. 

"It's okay" TJ sighed, while the two sat up in his tree house. 

When Kali arrived home, she moped around while watching TV. Then read for a short period, completely bored. 

That night, Kali uneasily went to bed thinking about TJ and her friends.