Chapter 12

The gang had stopped at their camps, gathering up the rest of the students from Third Street together and bringing them back to help save their school, with the help of Becky. Kali was even able to get help from her younger twin siblings, her dalmatian pups, and some of her other friends from across the country. Including Teeders, David, Cynthia, Violet and Dash Parr, and even all her friends from her old school, Walkerville Elementary. 

The Recess gang had gathered all the students outside on a field, not far from the school for a meeting and had told them what's been going on. The whole group of students were soon all in a fuss of panicked conversations.

"People, people!" Gretchen tried to get everyone's attention. "Just quiet down for a moment!"

"Nobody's listing" said a deary ten-year-old, Violet Parr. 

"They'll listen to me once I introduce them to my good friend, Madame Fist!" Spinelli threatened. 

"Come on Spinelli, that's your answer for everything" Vince told the tomboy of the Recess gang. 

"Well I don't see you coming up with any great ideas, sports boy!" Spinelli retorted back at Vince. 

"Listen to the two of you! You're not helping things at all!" Mikey complained to his friends. 

This only caused the whole gang to get into an argument. 

"Guys, stop fighting!" Kali demanded, trying to break up her friends. But everyone continued their quarrel, until a voice suddenly shouted out. 

"QUIIIIIEEEEET!" 

The gang then turned to see it was none other then Gus, giving them all a firm glare. "What we need is a leader. A kid with the right training. A kid who knows strategy and field tactics. A kid who commands respect" 

"Where are we gonna find a kid like that?" Arnold Perlstein asked. 

"Leave that to me" Gus replied with a little smug smile. 

"I think we just found our leader" Kali smirked to the rest of the gang.  

"What are we gonna do? What are we gonna do? What are we gonna do?" Wanda Li was panicking.    

The mob of students continued their chattering until Teeders whistled, helping Gretchen to get their attention. 

"Please, we have to get organized" Teeders told the crowd.  

"She's right. We have to save the school" Becky agreed. Being actually concerned for her little brother and would do anything now to help save Third Street School. 

"Ah, what's the use?" Cynthia moped.  

"Yeah, if like what you say is true, all the fun of being a kid is like, totally ruined anyway!" Ashley A added. 

"We never had these kind of problems back at my old school" Phoebe Terese mentioned. 

All the other students agreed. 

"Not necessarily" Gretchen explained. "All we have to do is work together and come up with a plan"

"Detweiler's the one who always comes up with the plans" Hustler kid replied with a frown. 

"Yeah, lets face it, we're doomed" The Diggers added. 

All of the students were in dispute, before they all turned around when Spinelli called out. "That's what you think!" 

"Kids of the playground, meet your new commanding officer" Kali announced. 

Gus then stepped forward in a military uniform, looking rather serious. The twins then pulled on a rope and the american flag came down behind Gus. 

"Griswald?!" Gus's drill sergeant, Captain Brad laughed. "He couldn't lead a Glee Club!" 

Some of the other students also started to laugh, until Gus came down, walking straight up to Brad with a sharp glare, which made the young drill sergeant stop laughing and now growing nervous of Gus. 

"You find that funny, Bradley?" Gus then scolded the older boy. "Well I'm not here to make jokes, I'm hear to make history! So if you want to laugh, take it somewhere else, but if you want to save the world, then suck in your gut and stand at attention!" Gus ordered. 

Captain Brad did as told, now being scared of the puny kid with glasses. 

"Now who's with me?" Gus asked the rest of the students looking rather serious in this time of need.  

"Totally, I'm in!" Kali smiled, always ready for action.   

"Lead the way, Captain" the rest of the Recess gang were ready to follow Gus.

"It's time to take chances, make mistakes, get messy!" The Walkerville students stated, remembering what their teacher had always told them. 

Everyone was soon hiding out just behind the school, preparing all the supplies they had gathered up to use for attack weapons, with some help from Becky. 

Gus had gathered the rest of the gang together for an attack plan. 

"So what's our strategy?" David asked.  

"Vince, you and The Ashleys are in charge of 'Unit A', I'll take 'Unit B" Gus explained, organizing the groups. He then turned to Teeders and asked. "Teeders, is your group in position?" 

"They're armed and ready to go, Captain" Teeders saluted. 

"What about the rest of us?" Ralphie Tennelli asked. 

"You're all grouped in 'Unit C" Gus replied. "Spinelli, you and Kali get the special forces" 

"Special Forces?" the two tomboys asked, confused. 

"The Kindergartners" Gus clarified. 

"Oooh, tender" Kali smirked in delight. 

"We owe you for this, Griswald" Spinelli added, folding her arms. 

"Oh yeah, we're ready to save the WORLD!" the twins were getting a little over excited, with their soda cans and sticky string they were using for weapons. 

"Okay, calm down you two" Cynthia told them. "Gus still needs to give out his speech"

"Now there's one last thing I need to say" Gus said, getting everyone's attention. "This mission is bigger than any one of us kids. Bigger than TJ. Even bigger than Principal Prickly. This my friends, is about the future" 

"Wow, I've never seen Gus so confident" Kali remarked, amazed at how far Gus had come since she first met him. 

"Yeah, he sounds just like TJ" Vince added. 

"Shh, He's on a roll" Spinelli shushed them. 

"Years from now, when kids who aren't even born yet look back on this moment, they'll say 'They did it. Those kids saved Third Street School. They saved summer vacation" Gus wrapped up his speech.  

"Preach!" the twins applauded to Gus. 

"So, boys and girls... We're going in" Gus told everyone.  

"Let's do this" Kali narrowed her eyes on the school.