Chapter 8

Later in the evening the gang had gathered in TJ's backyard, Mikey was starting to wake up. 

"Mikey? Mikey, you okay?" Kali asked, waving her hand in front of his face. 

"Where am I?" Mikey asked, as he started to wake up. 

"You're in TJ's backyard" Lucky replied. 

"But how did I get here?" Mikey asked, until realizing Kali and Spinelli had pushed him back in a wheelbarrow. "Hey this is kind of comfy" he smiled. 

"Yeah, yeah, get out of there you big lummox" Spinelli said a little annoyed, knocking Mikey out of the wheelbarrow. 

"Now do you believe us?" Kali asked the gang while placing her arms on her hips and giving them that look. 

"Okay Teej, you and Kali were right" Vince admitted. 

"Yeah we're sorry for doubting you" Spinelli added. 

"Something really weird is going on at the school, and Principal Prickly must be in on it" Vince continued. 

"I say we go to the police!" Gus suggested. 

"We already went to the police" Rolly replied. 

"We went to everybody" Cadpig added. 

"Nobody would listen!" Kali told the gang. 

"What we need is proof" Gretchen said. 

"How are we gonna get proof?" Rolly asked. 

"I have a plan: a stake out" TJ explained to his gang. "We can stay up in my tree house every night until something happens". 

"Great idea!" Kali smiled in agreement. 

"Like on those TV Cop shows!" Spinelli added. 

"Sure, and the next time those laser guys make a move, we'll catch them red-handed" TJ finished. 

"It's the perfect plan!" Lucky added. 

"Only one problem. Guys what about your camps?" Kali asked her friends.

"Not to worry, all we gotta do is get Becky to drive you guys back to camp in the morning and then at night we'll pick you up again" TJ replied. 

"You'll be campers by day, spys by night" Cadpig added. 

"But what if the camp counselors notice we're not there?" Gus asked. 

"Leave that to me" TJ replied with a smirk. 

"I like your thinking Teej" Kali said, seeming to always know what TJ's plan was. 

TJ brought the gang down to Kelso's to the nearest phone-booth. Gretchen set up the voice modifier to make TJ's voice sound like a military officer. 

"Oh this should be fun" Kali smirked at TJ. 

TJ called up all of the gang's camp counselors and explained that they were on special assignment tonight. Kali and the gang couldn't help but laugh at TJ's impressions of the counselors. After calling all of the camp counselors, the gang got their gear together and headed to TJ's house. 

"You guys can stay in the tree house, i'll be back later" TJ told the gang before heading back inside his house. 

Kali and the gang camped out in the tree-house while keeping watch on the school until TJ's returned. 

"This is so boring" Gus complained while yawning. Kali knew how to cheer the gang up. 

"TJ and I got a hold of this earlier" Kali told the gang while holding out Becky's diary.