Chapter 30

"Your highness, I think I speak for most of we moroi. When I say that thanks to you we now know how to help protect not only you and your daughter but also ourselves and our families. You have done great things for our world in just a short amount of time. And I would willing give my life in order to ensure that future generations do not have to deal with the plague of strigoi. That I, that we, have always had to deal with our whole entire lives." I saw nods of agreement for everyone.

Roza just nodded and turned to look at me, Lissa and Chris, "so do we stay or go?" She asked us.

"That is up to you my love I am willing to do whatever makes you feel more at ease and keeps you both safe."

"I agree with Dimitri, you and Marin have to be kept safe. But honestly, I am afraid to travel very far because the girls could come early and that scares me. Especially if we are away from a doctor or hospital if or when it happens. At least here we have a hospital and Dr. Oldenzki's close as well as Dr. Maynard."

"That is true and we don't know the doctor's in Turkey we don't know if we could truly trust them. Not only to look after us and our children but also to keep our whereabouts and identities to themselves." Roza replied to Lissa's comments.

"Yes, I am in agreement with Lissa and Dimitri. I would prefer it if my future wife, my sister and both of our daughters had the best possible care both before birth and after. So I actually think we should stay. Plus, there is the fact that we do have a great deal more protection here and at court than we would anywhere else." Chris put in his two cents.

"But ultimately it is up to you RoRo, it is you and Marin they are after at the end of the day." I watched the concern and worry flow through the eyes and across the face of my soul mate.

"Alright, if you are all sure?" The three of us nodded letting her know that we were as sure as we could be. "Ok." 

The three of us watched as she turned back to the crowd. "We have all discussed it and we thank you for your words and promise to protect our people, ourselves included. We will stay." The crowd erupted into cheers. Roza held up her hand asking for silence. "We will be traveling between here and court for doctor's visits. So we will not be here all the time. We will also develop plans to have court as well as all the academies grounds upgraded like we have done here. I do not want strigoi attacking somewhere else in hopes of obtaining hostages to force our hand." More cheers from the crowd. 

"We would personally like to thank each and every one of you for your courage and determination in the face of the dangerous times ahead." Everyone was suddenly on their knees in awe to my love. "Please rise... and let's eat!" Everyone stood and laughed. 

Rose walked out into the crowd and all of them rallied around her telling her she was an amazing queen and that they loved her. A large portion of them were reaching out to touch her. And she never once wavered in her love and dedication to them. They looked like a group of people would look while surrounding the virgin Mary or even Jesus.

"Look at her," Lissa said. "They worship the ground she walks on. I always knew she would make an amazing queen when the time came." I could hear the awe in Lissa's own voice as she spoke about my Roza.

And I did watch her I quickly became aware of the fact that I was not the only one who adored her. Almost all of our people did, dhampir or not she had gained the respect and in doing so  they loved her. Not in the same way I did of course but they loved her none the less. 

"She is the most amazing woman I have ever seen." I said, as I watched my love interact with our people.

"The way they adore her it is like they are under some kind of a spell. Of course there is no such thing but just look at them. They would all gladly die for her." Chris supplied in awe of her himself. After everyone had eaten their fill we all retired for the night. After all the wards had been re-laid of course.