Day 31

FEB 26 at 12:11 AM

Natalie : It's the 26th.

Natalie : It's also the night of the new moon.

Natalie : How am I going to die today?

Athos : You're thinking useless thoughts at midnight.

Athos : Just sleep.

Natalie : I can talk to you.

Natalie : That means death is nearby for me, di ba?

Athos : That means I can talk to you.

Athos : Because like you said, it's the new moon.

Natalie : Yes. And the new moon means death is coming for me.

Athos : Deaths are always around humans.

Athos : Your kind is just too dumb to really get it.

Natalie is typing...

Natalie : Is it a given na dahil deathgod ka, rude ka?

Natalie : Lahat ba ng deathgods, rude? O ikaw lang talaga?

Athos : I see that judging one's character is a pastime for you, humans.

Natalie : Tss. Bakit ikaw?

Natalie : You also judge!

Athos : We don't judge out of whim, mood, or misconception. We are created with the wisdom to give appropriately designed deaths based on the weight of a human's existence. But the weighing scale we are using is absolute and unbiased. It isn't made by us.

Natalie : Fine.

Natalie : Pero bakit si Mortheus, tinawag mong cruel dati?

Natalie : Judgement yun, di ba?

Athos : It's the truth. Even he would all himself cruel.

Natalie : And you? What do you call yourself?

Athos : I'm merciful.

Natalie : 😒

Athos : I design deaths according to karma.

Athos : I help souls be cleansed to elevate to its pure form.

Athos : That way, it could go back to the Creator.

Natalie : You're talking about the afterlife? What's the afterlife like?

Athos : Depends on you.

Natalie : What does that mean?

Athos : You're in control of how your afterlife's going to be.

Natalie : I mean... may heaven ba or hell?

Athos : Yes. But it's not yet for you to go to.

Natalie : What?

Athos : Heaven is a place for heavenly beings. For the holy. Not the likes of you.

Athos : Hell is a place for demons. Not the likes of you.

Natalie : So you mean, I cannot go either to heaven or hell?

Athos : Dumb question.

Athos : If you just want to 'go' and experience heaven and hell, it's easy.

Athos : Your soul is holy from the start because it comes from the breath of the Creator. If you live your life in sin, your soul is suffering hell while you are alive.

Athos : If you live your life in grace, your soul is experiencing heaven as you dwell on this Earth.

Athos : When this flesh of you decays, your soul is freed. Sins shackle you to suffering. Grace elevates you to divinity.

Natalie : But we believe in heaven and hell in this earth.

Athos : That's because you will only obey in your God if you are promised either a reward or a punishment.

Athos : You are a creation of the Divine. He will not easily allow you to perish. Your immediate heaven or hell is being reborn, again and again, to pay for all your sins--your karma-- until you are cleansed.

Athos : If you live in grace, you will be by the side of the Almighty by the end of all your lives. In a land promised for you.

Athos : If you live in sin, you will be reborn to experience all the frailties and sufferings of a soul with a flesh: the flesh which burns, hungers, thirsts, tires, and decays.

Athos : You live to experience life as a soul with a flesh so you will learn to long and seek for the divinity of your soul.

Athos : You live to be cleansed from your sins so that you can go back to your origin: a soul alongside the Creator.

Natalie : So... there's no hell? 

Athos : There is. But humans don't usually qualify to live there.

Athos : Unless you turn your back on your Creator and accept being evil yourself.

Natalie : So... a human can be evil?

Athos : Yes. That's why you have all these rules against sin.

Athos : Sins taint you and put you into the devil's hands. It blocks you from your Creator. Sins make you evil.

Athos : If you live refusing to be cleansed, if you fail to be cleansed because there's too much sin in you... then you will lose your right to be with the Creator.

Athos : You will be send with the kinds you aspire to be-- devils.

Natalie : So we could be devils.

Athos : You saw it yourself.

Athos : That's the consequence of your free will.

Athos : You're free to be His person or be evil.

Natalie : So... what you are saying is that, if we are cleansed, we can elevate to our pure form and be with the Creator?

Athos : Yes.

Natalie : Then, our sufferings are designed to cleanse the impurity of our souls?

Athos : Yes.

Natalie : And the death you are designing for me is to help me get cleansed?

Athos : Yes.

Natalie : Because of my sin.

Athos : Exactly.

Natalie : My sin's that bad, huh.

Athos : You violated your body and denied the life given to you.

Athos : You should be grateful that death took pity and gave you a chance to escape it.

Natalie is typing...

Natalie : Okay.

Natalie : How am I going to die today?

Athos : Sleep, Natalie. Death's by your side tonight but not to get you.

Athos : I'm watching over you.

Athos : Rest up. You need it.

Natalie : Tss. Okay.

Natalie : Goodnight, dumb death god.

Athos : Stupid.