01. Daddy

KIM HYUNA

KIM HYUNA

3:07 pm || 4 hours before the purge

-

"Hey hyuna?" Minji -my bestfriend- called me.

"Hmm?" I turned to her. Already knowing what she'll be saying.

"You know you can stay at my place. You'll be protected there. Stay with me." She said, with a worried expression on her face.

"You know I can't Minji... your father only allows me to come with you. Only me. I have a brother. Besides, we'll be fine as usual... i guess." i said. The small glint of excitement from her eyes dying down.

"I hope so." She said. Her father is one of the highest ranked individual in Seoul, ranking 10. So when the purge occurs, they will be exempted from it. Including who they protect. Her father was one of those people who supports the purge so much, even enjoys the purge.

Minji teared up. Again.

"I know... im sorry i cant take both of you... im sorry my father is such an asshole, to support this shit. Im sorry--" i cut her off and hugged her. She was sobbing uncontrollably.

"It's not your fault Minji...I'll be fine... we'll see each other again after this shit. i promise" i said, caressing her back.

The purge will start tonight. It will go on for 3 days. This shitty government says its for the better, maybe for you rich assholes, it is. They clearly want to take over the whole country. So they let the helpless and low rankers die.

"I'll send weapons and supplies to your house okay? Don't even try to argue with me." She said then dialed to her cellphone. Probably to talk to someone to deliver weapons and supplies in my house.

I'm glad i had a friend like her. She was already a sister for me.

Moments later, i had to say goodbye to her. I need to get ready. And my brother was spamming me, telling me to come home already.

"Be safe." Minji said as we hug.

"Be safe too." I said and let go.

I got out of their house and started to walk to my house. I had to walk, i had no choice. There're no taxis or whatever serving the public today, because probably they are getting ready too. There may be some, but i really can't trust them.

I lowered my head as i pass through a group of people wearing masks. I know they will kill tonight. It's not time yet, but they're already ready, as if they've been waiting for it for months.