05

"Did you follow me here?"

Aro and I look at each other, baffled and uncertain of who he was speaking to.

"I'm speaking to you," The assassin points to Aro, in which I breathe a sigh of relief that doesn't go unnoticed by him. I furrow my brows at him as Aro finds the words to answer. It's impossible for him to forget about me in such a short time. Maybe he just wants me to forget about the whole endeavor.

Then it hits me.

He's here, standing in front of me.

Which means that either the man got away, or...

"Suji!" Aro's voice snaps me out of my frightened thoughts and I look up at him.

His eyes bare into my soul like splinters. My eyes dart towards other areas as if him being my field of vision was a deep black hole I was forbidden to see.

"I ask you why you are here!" His voice raises louder than the birds singing on the branches. Aro and I flinch and my heart beats quicker with the similar fear I felt at the last encounter, "Are you on the same side as that man?!" He grabs my shoulder and Aro watches, staring at me with deep worry on whether or not she should interfere. For her sake, I hope she stays out of this. I can't risk losing an orb because of her.

"We live here. This is our home!" Aro's shaking voice cuts his glare from me to her and my mind races of ways to get us both out of this situation alive, "I'm telling the truth!"

The assassin's face softens, as does his grip. He begins to stare towards the house, his mouth slightly opening and he looks back us Aro and I, then releases his grip and takes a cautious step back. I straighten the wrinkles on my shoulders and I give him a look, "Bwoya... How can you grab a girl like that in such a hostile way without even knowing our situation?" I click my tongue at him and cross my arms before looking away.

"Are you... Master Ahn Ji's daughter?" He speaks with gaps between his words. My gaze turns towards Aro and her mouth opens to speak, until she gives him a full look and her eyes widen.

She kneels down quickly and pulls up his top to show his bottoms and I gasp, the man's face not far from my reaction. Aro continues to pursue his clothing, trying to get under the rolls of his bottoms and he trips backwards, Aro having an easier time getting his fabric. I still stand there with my jaw open, not being able to understand the situation any more than that man can.

Somehow I pity him rather than fear him now. The look on his face show too much innocence. I could almost laugh at the sight.

"Yah Aro, what on earth are you doing?!"

"I made this," She gasps in desperation, "I made this for my brother." The two look at each other for a second until the man quickly attempts to slip out of her grasp, not being fast enough as she instantly grabs a tighter grip on the ends of his top and climbs upon him.

"Aro! You can't be doing that! Get off now!" I say through my teeth. If she keeps this up, we'll be dead for sure. Who knows how many friends he has to come after us?

Aro grabs his collar and her face is mixed with anger and confusion, "Who are you? Why are you wearing these clothes?"

I begin to hear footsteps behind me and I peek before loudly whispering at Aro. She continues to prick the victim with countless questions.

"Oh you're here," Master Ahn Ji interrupts. Aro and the victim look at him in surprise, and I awkwardly stand there, already knowing he'd come. We all kind of share a silence, not knowing how to approach the situation, "Ah you..." He points at the duo, not having anymore words the conjure up as I do.