Chapter 5

Veronica was in the waiting room, ready to hold her niece in her arms. All of a sudden she heard a baby cry, at that moment she knew that her niece was born. A nurse walked over to Veronica and said " You can come and see the baby, it's a girl." Veronica pushed the door open and saw her sister holding her niece in her arms. " Veronica do you want to hold Erica in your arms" said Kara. " Yeah, I would love to hold Veronica" replied Veronica. Veronica held Erica tightly in her arms and it felt as if she was never letting her go. The next day, Veronica was getting ready for school she put on her white peasant top and her jeans. She was heading down the steps when she heard her niece crying and just couldn't resist so she went back upstairs and stayed for a while till her niece fell asleep. She checked her watch and she was going to be late. Veronica ran to see if her mom was still there but she wasn't, she had already left for work. Veronica started to walk to school, when she saw a familiar face on the road it was the guy that saved her life that night so she thought why not hitch a ride from him, at least I won't be late to school. " Hey you, your the one who saved my life last night, can you please help me again, look I'm going to be late to school if you don't drop me off right now" said  Veronica. " Fine, I'll drive you to school but on one condition if you tell me your name" replied Derek. " My name is Veronica, can we go now" said Veronica. " Veronica's a nice name, by the way I'm Derek" replied Derek. Derek opened the car door for Veronica and she sat in relief because now she wasn't going to be late for school.