Part 1 'Mind your Own'..just play Duck Duck Goose

Part 1 Mind your Own…just paly duck, duck, goose

‘Breath, breath in slow and steady; focus on the target, at the center, and release!’ wait for it…“ARG!!!!”  An ear piercing cry came lumbering out of my mouth. “These dam ninjas are not working with me!” I was pretty sure I was getting strange looks from the crowd around the super market. One old lady in particular who was closer to me was giving me a pointed look.

   I tilted my head more to the right so that the women could see under my Morpheus sunglass. This resulted in the women taking a step back in shock and l hurried into the store.  ‘Huh and here I was worrying about our species survival instincts’ I thought to myself in no particular way; shrugging I went back to my mortal combat box game.

  Usually around noon, the meat cutters and cooks would go out back for a lunch break. So Peta and I, when we are passing through in this town would normally come here to get some high quality clean food. No reason I shouldn’t make some connections with others when roaming around, especially when it comes to getting free food on a hot day. Though I have a limited amount of contacts, I’m willing to put up with a few them on harmless chit chat for a couple hours.

 Peta had a thing with being around so many people, but don’t we all? So he took his chances to hunt something down in the woods. I didn’t really care much, it’s not like I owned him, and he just likes to follow me around.

  To tell you the truth, this is in my favor, with him gone now. ‘The more fragile and pitiful I look the more food I get; normally’. I gave myself a inner grin, deception is the key to surviving.

 While the game was paused I looked through my sunglasses up at the shattered moon high up in the colored sky. It had been there for well over 5600 million years and all it took was an asteroid. Amazing enough many inhabitants on earth had learn how to cope with the drastic changes quite quickly.

Thinking on the survival subject my stomach rumbled to me as I stood in the beaming ultraviolet radiation. I grinned at the thought of having meat ball mustard, pickle extra spicy turkey eyed Swiss cheese sandwich...yum.

  After finishing my game I figured by the temperature in the area would be the perfect time to go around back to see my old peep. Jumping off the thick smooth concrete porch to the not so smooth older road, I made my way to the alley off to the side. Walking a couple more feet the concrete is splitting off, being replaced with gravel, dust and weeds. The alley is just big enough for a semi-truck to pass through when dropping off supplies once a week.

     On any other day this green old Retro Pickup Truck is always parked to the left side near a garage. It defiantly needs a major tune up, and right there is good old for nothing Betsy is there now. ‘Oh yes I did name her… if you were fortune enough to have my brain, you would think the truck was Betsy the sea monster to’. Having Betsy there meant that old man Todd the fox, is in the building! I particularly started to skip like Pippi Long Stockings when I spotted her.

 Todd the fox is an old man in his early sixties. I come to see him every once in a while, just to know if the old man is doing well. He’s one of the few on my top ‘Like List’. The 1 main reason; … is that I get a free sandwich, every time I see him.

“Well look who’s here! Mademoiselle it’s been ages!! Todd spotted me, when he bent his head under the shelves to grab some spices. Todd had little to no hair left, with an ironically long Santa beard, which is being held back by a hair net. I just stared. Not even minding that the younger meat cutters and cooks were in my way. The only thing my eyes were focused on was that… monstrosity as I walked in.

“So you’re finally back to this old town… huh”. I tried not to look down at the bright pink hair net. “Mademoiselle?”  I really tried hard to keep my mask up but I couldn’t take him seriously with that on. Closing my eyes, I took in a deep breath only because I might burst out laughing. Walking around the steal cooking island I stood in front of him. “V-“ before Todd could finish I ripped off his beard net.