How I function

Story told by an amazing teacher that I really am thankful for.

Story time
--------

On a shore of beach lay millions of starfish. The tide had washed them ashore along with a few other creatures that could not breathe without the water like the starfish.

30 minutes after this happened, a group of people collected all the creatures and put them back in the ocean, except for the starfish.

As soon as the people left, a man started to walk in the shore, slowly observing them try to reach the ocean to survive. He did nothing but watch.

He looked up and saw a small boy walk along the in front of him. The boy would stop, grab a starfish and threw it back into the ocean.

He kept repeating this with no means of stopping.

In confusion, the man walked to the boy and stopped him.

"What are you doing child?" he asked.

"In saving the starfish," the boy answered.

The man laughed outloud. He knew the boy could not do it.

"Stupid little boy. You can't do it," the man said as he whiped the tears that had formed in the corners of his eyes.

The boy didn't answer but he walked towards a starfish. He picked it up and threw it back into the ocean.

The boy looked at the man and pointed to where the starfish had landed and said,"I saved that one"

With that, the boy continued doing his process until there were no starfish alone.