One: The Game

Edited by: Bella

"Are you sure your going to be ok?" My brother, Alex, asks me, probably worried.

I snort and chuckle, then sober up and look him in the eye. "Seriously, I'll be fine." I reply reassuring him.

Ah, my older protective brother. The brother who was always there for me when I laughed, cried, got angry, and just to stay with me. My family.

He attaches the wires connecting it to my forearms, legs, head, and back. He let's me attach the other wires to my chest and stomach. I could feel the adrenaline rush as I reread the manual plenty of times, I even memorized the beginning speech of the creator.

The game. Was it normal? Yes, I mean, no. The thing was, it was full body simulation game, that meant you were actually in the game. Thankfully, my brother was one of the coders of the game. It took ten years to create and released just three months ago. Now I was going to play this intense game and testing it out. It was called Mind Brawl Simulation. Or known as MBS.

"Okay." Alex continues, motioning his hands. "When you enter the game, your going to be in a room with tons of pictures of characters, some will disappear because other people are choosing that avatar. Choose wisely, you don't get to change." Alex clarifies.

"Got it?"

"Got it."

"Great." I hear my brother gulp nervously, scratching the back side of his head.

Calmly, he sits on the bed next to me. "Alex," I say softly, "I'll be fine. Trust me." I give him a hug, he hugs me back.

He let's go and turns around to flip the switch to activate everything. I inhale a deep breath to calm my bundling nerves.

Click* goes the switch. I could tell I was entering the game as my eyelids start to close. Before I knew it, I see partials of the game around me. Images of the world start to show. And I know I'm in the game.

I was in a dark space, then a bright light blinded my eyes as I adjusted them. It was the character selection. There was thousands of avatars, but only three of the avatars shown, caught my eye.

One with electric blue hair down to the shoulders, lavender purple skin, she was under the mage and assassin category. Her long electric staff looked like it could kill four people at the same time. The next was hooded. With silver like hair, boy cut, and giant gold wolverine claws shimmering at her fist. She had a strong, tough like face. An assassin. The last one was the most eye catching.

With her fire red hair and strong jaw bone and emotionless face, she looked tough. Like, really tough. She was carrying two long swords, identical to each other.

I didn't know which one to choose. They all looked tough and strong, but I needed to choose before other people took the avatar already. Thinking fast, my eyes dart back and forth, scanning each one of them.

In my head I could hear a clock ticking, I only had a limited amount of time to choose before they were all gone.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Shaking my head, I choose the red haired girl. Within a second, she flickers in front of me and says: "Wise choice." Like she could suddenly read my mind. She was a lot taller than me, that meant I would be tall.

Looking at the digital wall of avatars, the other two I didn't choose vanishes in seconds.

The fire hair girl disappears and a mirror appears, replacing her. Now I was her, I looked at myself, tilting my head because now, I was a new person. I'm not Damaris Willows anymore. I was now a tall figure with actual red hair, not ginger, and a unique looking outfit and long blades at my hips.