Two: Practice

Edited by: Ella

"Here," Alex hands me a plate of savory food to me. "eat up before you go into your game."

Alex's food was my favorite, he learned how to cook when he was really young, since it was always just him and me.

I wolf down the food as he attaches the wires. "You don't want to be hungry when your playing." He says, clipping the last wire on.

I push the plate onto the desk next to me as I finish, then roll my eyes. "You do know that you can still eat in the digital world too?"

He shakes his head. "I know, but I still want you to eat in real life."

I nod my head. "Yeah, whatever."

___

"Bye." I say to Alex as he gives me a small smile and clicks the switch. I count down in my head.

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two.

One.

"Welcome."

I blink once, then twice as my eyes adjust to the lighting. This was my virtual home. It was simple, a bedroom, kitchen, dining room, and a bathroom. I didn't see a living room, though.

Getting up, I walk to what it looks like, a closet. Opening the closet, there are my blades and chains. Though I don't have much, I already had what I needed.

Getting dressed, I buckle the leather straps to my thighs, that held my blade cases. I place my blades in the cases. Putting on my poncho, I then quickly tie my hair up in a high ponytail with a gold ribbon.

Just realizing how long her hair really was, it went down to her thighs. But when tied up, it went down to my butt. Red. Red like scarlet or ruby, not ginger or orange, but red, pure blood red.

I'm still getting used to this look. Since in real life I have brown messy locks. I scroll down in midair and the menu shows up again. I click the word 'teleport' and names of places show up on a 3d map. I click townsquare.

I then pixalated there. Looking around, there was people who surrounded a wooden board with papers on it. They looked like signing sheets for teams. I look back in front of me, I see a building. It was crowded on the inside.

I decided to go in there instead. I look around and I see hundreds of players. Some looked experienced and some were noobs. Though I shouldn't be the one to talk. I walk towards the crowd and I notice they were all looking down on something. Finally in front of the crowd, I looked down. A huge battle arena appeared before me.

"Wow," muttering to myself. All I could do was be amazed. The players down below me were all pros. This was a ranked game, that they were playing. I get out of that crowd and look around. I see another group so I go there. I look down and it looked like beginners were playing. I think this is just a practice arena.

Looking around I see a leader board. They had avatars on pedestals but they were just clones. The real ones were somewhere else. A gold, silver, and copper pedestal.

I looked on the copper pedestal, a name was engraved in it. There stood the name 'Raven.' Next was silver. The name on it was 'Jaque.' Next was the gold ranked. But before I could see the name, a crowd pushed me out of the way.

"Ugh," standing up and dusting myself off, someone stood in front of me. I looked up and there stood a girl with a staff. Lavender purple skin, and electric blue hair down to her shoulders. "You need help?" She reached her hand out. I grabbed it, and pulled myself up.

That was one of the avatars that caught my eye. Wow, she looks better in person. The girl who helped me up was named Sarah. People's names were shown above there avatar. Looking at her amazed, I could still tell that she was a noob too.

"Thanks for helping me up." I look around again. I guess people are still getting new to this type of game. "So you new too?" I look at her waiting for an answer.

"Yeah I am actually. How'd you know?" I couldn't just tell her she looked like it so bluntly. "Oh well you just looked a little clueless and dumbfounded." Well... I said it. Haha... goodbye life.

"Oh well I was, but I saw you fall to the floor and decided to talk to you." Ah, so she was thinking the same thing I was. "You wanna play a practice game?" I look at her and smile. She got my answer.

___

We were in the waiting room for other player. Next thing you knew we were in a game. "Ten, nine, eight, seven," the same voice that instructed me in the tutorial. "Six, five, four, three, two, one." I inhaled shakily. "Begin!" I went bottom lane and Sarah followed me.

Going off the trail, I went to a monster to kill and level up. Following back on the trail, I saw a player fighting Sarah. I run up to her to help fight. I use my chains to get there quickly.

The other player had brown a brown hat and laser guns. Long range person. Blowing a few more attacks, I find a tree near by me. I climb it quickly having him not notice me. I look down and aim my swords to his head.

Aiming for his head, I shoot my chains on to the ground. Sarah then looked up and spotted me. I mouthed to her that she needed to distract him. Quickly I jumped off the tree, my chains making the momentum stronger than ever, dragging me down to the player I was gonna kill.

It all happened so fasts, "Nick has been slain by Eion!" Boomed over the speakers. That took a lot if energy out of me. I had to go back the healing center. "Recall!" I yell slowly getting teleported away.

After a while, we were taking the lead. I go mid lane this time, meeting up with a team mate. They were a fighting someone swords. Just like me.

Running over there to help him, I take over. "Recall! Your HP level is too low!" I yell to him while fighting. He soon disappears behind me. Looking back, I attack head on.

They ran away but I wasn't gonna let that happen. I quickly use my chains to catch up to him. I slaughtered him on the spot. "Mike has been slain by Eion!" Boomed over the speakers. Next thing you know, we had already destroyed the crystal.

I was sent back to the lobby. I got my rewards and was about to leave the building. While putting my swords in their cases I run into someone. "O-oh! Sorry I wasn't looking where I was..." and there stood the girl on the copper pedestal.

Raven.

Done! Your welcome! How do you imagine Raven?

QOTD: would you want to talk to your past self or future self?

Please vote, comment and share! We love your positive feedback!

Please don't skip these author notes! It hold important information sometimes and you might miss it.

Anyways...

Till next time...