***Blackwood Invitation***

The morning light hit Vivenka's face and made her grunt. Slowly and lazily, she opened her eyes to see the sunrays showering her. It was a very warm morning. Then, the girl noticed the sun high on the sky. Nope. It was a very warm afternoon. Vivenka had overslept. Shit!

The young woman lifted herself from the bed and noticed that there were parts in her room which were slightly changed. Like, a lot. Like, entirely. Like, the whole room. Where was she? One thing was for certain, she was not in the room at the Academy's Dormitories, and of this she was entirely certain because out of the window where the sun was pouring down, Vivenka was able to see the marble structure further ahead.

She probably was at the edge of the city, but, where exactly? And how did she get there? Then there were a few knocks on a wooden door somewhere in the room. Someone was walking into the fancy chamber. She pulled up some of the bed sheets to cover her naked breasts. Who was coming in?

"Good morning." A handsome man with sparkling hazel eyes walked in with a bright smile and his dark hair all messy. He was carrying a tray with fruit. "I imagine you would be hungry after last night."

"Oh my god!" Had Vivenka spent the night over with a complete stranger and completely forgotten about it? A shot of panic crossed her face. How on earth did she managed to forget all that? Last night she wasn't drunk at all. "Did we ...?"

"No." The man chuckled. "I surely wouldn't mind with you but no. I mean, that bar fight last night did got all messy and after you got hit on the head, since we were never introduced I didn't knew what to do with you. Certainly I wasn't going to let you there alone."

"The bar fight ..." Vivenka mumbled as she tried to remember last night's events.

"Yeah. Well, I can put up a coach for you, the driver can take you home." He added with a warm smile then sighed and his face sadden a bit. "I bet your family would be worried."

Then the veil that made last night blurry began to fade and it all came back to her. Bumping into Charlotte. The way Graden and Charlotte abandoned her. The strange man that crushed her table. Then the bar fight. With the Crown Selection so close by, there were high combat spirits everywhere. After she charged into the crowd, a pair of hands had captured her but the man whom she had been trying to get out was up and freed her from their captors.

Both of them held whatever could make their punches stronger and fought their way through the mad crowd within the tavern. The man had made himself with a broom and used the stick as a wooden sword which didn't killed anyone but surely moved people aside. Vivenka was truly surprised and so she was caught off guard and a punch was delivered on her back causing her to fall down and lose conscience. Then she woke up. Minutes ago.

"I don't have anyone here." She said finally with a relieved sigh.

"That's sad." The man said. "Well, on my way out I can take you to your home. Where are you living?"

"The Dormitories of the Academy." Vivenka answered.

"Really? Planning on competing the Crown Selection?" He asked with a smile. "You surely have some potential and brave heart. You know, judging by your behavior in that bar fight."

"Thank you." She couldn't help to feel ashamed.

"But it would be smart to get some more practice. Hopefully you won't participate in this year's Crown Selection." He sighed. "It would be horrible to fight you and even worse to know you were taken out by someone else."

"You are participating in the Crown Selection?" Vivenka was amazed out of the calm the man displayed.

"Yes. Representing the Blackwood family." He smiled proudly. "Are you participating?"