Part 7

The next morning, Fred had already gone to breakfast so I walked with Harry and Ron to the Great Hall, telling them all about last night. Harry wasn't paying much attention, distracted by his own (admittedly more important) thoughts.

"Well how can you blame him? I would be mad to if I was in his position." Ron defended his brother.

"I know that, Ronald." I spat back at him. "But it's like he's mad at me rather than Malfoy." I continued.

As we entered the Great Hall, my eyes scanned the long room for Fred. He was sitting near the front of the Gryffindor table with George, head in hands as his twin patted his back.

I sat with my back facing him as Ron piled his plate with crumpets, toast, beans and bacon. I tutted, just taking a slice of toast and smearing it with nutella, not turning around once. I felt a hand on my shoulder and my breakfast flew out my hand from the shock.

I turned around quickly, "George?!"

"Damn. Do we really look that different?" He laughed and sat down next to me.

I couldn't help but giggle too. "What do you want?" I asked, taking a sip of my pumpkin juice.

"Well, I know it isn't as convincing hearing it from me rather than himself, but he still needs time to cool off so he's not risking it. Fred's really sorry that his temper got the better of him last night. Honestly, he feels terrible." George explained, sounding sincere.

I wanted to run to Fred and hug him tightly, but I chose to keep my pride instead.

"Tell your brother I want to hear it from him, not his messenger." I said sternly.

George raised his eyebrows, "Wow. Okay.. I'll be going then." He replied, looking slightly confused at my out-of-character response.

I sighed and turned back to Harry and Ron, "C'mon, lets get to class." I muttered, getting up.

I kept my act going the rest of the day, ignoring Fred and turning my nose up at him whenever we crossed paths.