Part 15

Fred was cradling me in his arms, looking pale and worried.

"F- Fred.." I stuttered wearily.

He jumped, his eyes going wide with relief.

"Mia! Are you okay? You were screaming in your sleep and you wouldn't stop, I felt so helpless-" He babbled.

"Fred, shh. I'm okay." I soothed.

I sat up, suddenly realising that I was feeling quite dizzy.

Fred put his hand to my forehead and frowned, saying "You're sweating. Maybe I should take you to the hospital wi-" I grabbed his wrist, taking his hand away from my head.

"No. I'm fine. Wait.. What time is it?!" I asked. How long had I slept for?

"Half 12. I was trying to find you so we could go to lunch together." He replied, getting up.

I missed all my morning lessons! I sighed, now feeling stressed.

"I slept all morning.What am I going to tell Professor Sprout? And Professor Flitwick? This is a very important time in my life and I spend it sleeping!" I almost shouted.

All my worries were flooding back into my mind, including Draco. I looked at Fred, he didn't deserve this. I couldn't just wait for Draco to tell him, I wasn't going to hurt him more than I already had.

"C'mon. I feel like a creeper in the girls' dormitory." He laughed.

I gave a feeble smile and followed him down into the common room. The Gryffindors must have been at lunch, because the room was empty and silent; the only noise to be heard being the light crackle of the fire.

"Fred, I need to tell you something.. Just please, don't hate me." I started quietly, sitting on the edge of the armchair.

He raised his eyebrows concerningly, "It can't be that bad. I could never hate you anyway, Mia. You know that." He said.

I took a deep breath, plucking up all my courage and knowing this could be the last time I talk to Fred.

"Draco.. He kissed me. I'm sorry." I whispered. I felt like I was apologising for cheating on him like we were in a relationship. It was silly but that was exactly what it was like since I knew Draco was right when he said Fred 'liked' me.

I watched Fred's reaction. He bowed his head and sighed.

"I.. What.. Why?" He said, not making eye contact with me.

"To annoy you! He knew it would upset you, he doesn't actually like me! And.. I don't like him either." I mumbled the last sentence.

I was trying to be careful with how I chose my words, but I honestly didn't know what to say that wouldn't upset him more than he already was.

I stood up and approached Fred cautiously. He stayed with his head down and I put my arms around him, keeping quiet. I heard him sigh again and he pushed my shoulders gently, making me step back.

He glanced at me briefly, then left the common room, leaving me alone. I felt the tears burn at the back of my eyes and took a sharp breath through my nose, forcing myself not to cry.

Of course, I did anyway.