Chapter 1

Optimus went about the vast landscapes of Jasper, searching for what he needed. Or more specifically, who, he needed. The Oracle of Delphi, the woman whose powers had told of something in his future-something that would forever change his life, and possibly the lives of all those in the universe. How he had found her he wasn't sure-whether it was a dream, or a vision, a summoning or just a feeling-but he knew it was real, and he knew this was dire. He drove down the dusty canyons of the desert, the hot sun blaring down on his blue and red paint. He wasn't all that concerned about Decepticons, but had his scanners on just in case. With nothing but him and the orange horizon, he let his processor slip into his thoughts. Who really was this Oracle? What did she possibly have to tell him? And where was she? He wasn't even sure she was in Jasper. But he had seen a glimpse of a woman with black hair, pale skin and remarkable jade and silver eyes in canyons that looked much like those he had visited so many times before.

He had been driving for a long while, and thanks to all the commotion in his mind, could not remember the last time he had stopped for a break. Though the mighty Prime could travel for much greater distances, he was worried that if he went too far too quickly, he may miss the strange woman he was looking for.

Optimus glanced around the canyon he was in as he drove through. It was the same as the rest, the dusty, crumbly, red-orange-brown layered rock trailing high above his roof until the great blue sky burst through the top. Small patches of scrub-like bushes dotted the stone walls and the occasional small animal scurried through to escape from the terrifyingly loud sound of his engine in the otherwise silent ravine. But something about this specific gorge made him pause. There was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary that you could see but as he stopped and listened and feeled, there was something very odd indeed.

Optimus transformed and slid his battle mask down, turning one of his hands into a large sword. He glanced around him before sneaking into the shadow of an overhang, his back pressed against the rock. His eyes darted along the gully, searching for something, anything out of the ordinary. His scanners searched for anything, any Decepticon activity, or even the approach of a fellow autobot. He strained to hear any sound at all, but all his audio receptors could pick up was the gentle breeze flowing through and the call of vultures far off in the distance. With all his senses saying nothing was there, even when the world was practically screaming there was nobody with him, he was about to step out of the shadow and start driving once more, when that feeling overtook him again. It wasn't sinister or evil, but a peculiar ambience of calm desperation, of secret wisdom and great power.

And then he heard it.

At first it startled him, and he couldn't make out what was being said. But he went still once more and strained to listen:

"Optimus! Optimus!"

It was her. It was the Oracle. Optimus transformed once more and sped fiercely towards the area where he had heard the voice. He heard it once more, much closer now, louder and stronger. But he also noticed it sounded hurt and in pain. A sense of worry washed over him and he urged on, before hastily transforming and skidding to a stop. He scanned the walls tensely, his blue optics glowing bright with determination. He turned and scanned the other wall, feverishly scouring the stone for the woman he knew he would find.

His eyes came to rest on a figure with black hair and pale skin dripping blood, sitting on a stone and staring at him with eyes of jade and silver.

"Optimus."