Chapter One: Shower Secrets

Madison Harris’s P.O.V

They did it. The Demons finally cracked me, they finally made me want to talk to them, and that’s exactly what I’m going to do, tonight. Tonight I’ll get answers, or I’ll try to figure out why.  I wondered why they kept bothering me, trying to pester me all night, get me to talk to them. Were they lonely? Did they want my opinion on something? Is something going to happen to them if I talk to them? I didn’t know, but I wanted to. Maybe they were the ones making me do terrible things, maybe they were whispering the things they wanted me to do in my ear at night. Maybe not, I don’t know for sure. Were they here, whispering me since I was born? I’ll have to find out later.

I stood from my sitting position on my bed and walked over to the claw marks on the plain white wall across from me. The monsters did this, I know because I watched them do it when they thought that I was asleep, it was like watching a ghost haunt people, you can’t see what’s doing it, but you can see what they’re doing. I ran my hand across the scratches indenting the wall, feeling the crevices dip, and come back again then dip and come back again. It’s like running silk cloth through your fingers, making you happy and tired, but you don’t want to sleep, so you and throw a knife at your cat for the thrill…… that’s normal, right?  Nevermind, I don’t care, it’s just how I am, I don’t know why, or how I am like that, but it just happens to be what I do. Sometimes it’s like I don’t even have control over my own body or what I do. At times I feel like I’m possessed, then I come out of it, and realize what I had just done.

I sighed and called for the volunteers or an assistant to come help me. My favorite caretaker, Kianna Forks, enters my room with a smile.

“ Yo Mads, what’s up?” She asked, lazily flopping down on the fold out chair next to my white one drawer dresser.

“Nothin’ much, just wanted to get the key for the shower door.” I looked at her expectantly.

“Good, I can smell your sweaty feet from here.” She jokes as she tosses me the weird raindrop shaped key, and gets up, walking out of the room with a drag to her step.

Guess she’s had a long day, I thought as I unlocked the dull steel gray door.

The Saint. Patrick showers are split up into different rooms, one for each patient, across the hall from their room. They are plain white showers with a stainless steel shower head and odorless soap, shampoo, and conditioner, with a transparent curtain with small holes so you can’t suffocate yourself with them, unfortunately. If we could, I would’ve done that a loooooong time ago.There are plain white tiles with a plain white sink, dull, I know. Maybe they think if we saw any evidence of the outside world, we’d explode. Sometimes I believe that myself.

I stepped into the shower, the hot water piercing my skin, turning it a light pink color. I just stood there, staring at the wall, thinking but not bothering to wash yet. I have a long time to be in here, why do it right away? Regular people plan their lives in their heads while they shower, I plan deaths and series of deaths, murderers, and the easiest way to kill someone in any given situation.

I do care for people, even though my mind makes it sound otherwise, but it’s like it’s not even me controlling what I do and do not think about sometimes, kind of like I’m possessed, but that isn’t possible, I not even sure if demons have the ability to control or possess people. They don’t…...right? Most of the time it only feels like I’m half awake, as if I have no control over the situation at all. At times it’s more of a dream, floating around and not being able to feel anything. Next thing you know I’m being charged with murder in a courthouse, then being released a half a year later and put into this boring, plain Insane Asylum that is basically half deserted with like 2 patients and 3 doctors, with 5 nurses, that are probably crazier than I am. It doesn’t help that the other patient is crazier than I am and unsocial, this just makes this… ‘vacation’ worse. That’s what they called it, a ‘vacation’ where you're tested monthly with these brain scanners that scan your brain and see what you dream about and what you picture in your head to see whether you are still ‘mentally unstable’ as they would say.

I stepped out of the shower, deciding that since I just stood there for too long, I’ll get back in and wash later. Putting on the running shorts, and tank top that Kianna left for me, I dried my hair and stepped into the deserted hallway. Some people would say that this hallway is the darkest, and creepiest part of the building, because only 2 out of 5 of the working lights here stay on at night, and when they are on, they flicker. I find it comforting though, because it lets me know that the doctors actually care to try to leave some lights on for us if we stay up, which we always end up doing.

As I enter my room, I notice something out of place. One of my white pillows is stuck on the window, not on the side of the wall,, or against the frame, it’s floating in the middle of the window pane, stuck, like its frozen in place, or being held up by something invisible. I know exactly what that means, too. It means that they’re here, and they want me to know that. They want to watch me, try to scare me. But they know that wouldn’t work, not by using a pillow, no, they want to let me know their intentions. That they are going to do worse things as time passes.

I ignore the pillow, and go to sit on my bed, staring blankly at the wall in front of me and going through my day in my head like I always do before trying to take a nap. I don’t sleep all night like most people, I just take random naps throughout the day and hope that I don’t sleep too long during my nap. When I finish, I lay down, but the second my head hits the pillow, the voices start.

They don’t talk into my ear, or speak from across the room in their usual loud, raspy, unearthly voice, no. They start from what sounds like across the hall, in the bathroom. Which is not like them, at all. Maybe they wanted a change o f scenery, or this is just another of their dirty little games. It is more than likely that the latter is the one that is true.

As the whispering continues, I get out of the bed and tiptoe towards the bathroom door, which is slightly opened, not closed and locked the way that I had left it. Opening the door softly and stepping in, I was greeted with the scariest thing that I have ever seen in my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys here is my new story that I'm really excited for. I have been getting non-stop ideas for the next chapter and I just don't know which one that I am going to pick to start it off. Please Comment about things that you like or feel or don't understand and I will be looking through those daily if you bother trying to read this story. I can't wait to see how the shocking story of Madison Harris plays out!

~Kitty!