the end

betty's pov (SEASON FINALE SPOILERS IN THIS CHAPTER)

the past year has been a rollercoaster. on top of jason's death, my sister coming back, and cheryl's dad being revealed as the murderer (and dying), it's like riverdale just couldn't catch a break. there was always something happening,

but at least veronica was there for me. no matter what drama there was going on, cheryl trying to break us up or even archie cuddling up against veronica at that one party. we both knew we would find each other. and i loved her so much that it was hard to breathe at times, i wanted to spend the rest of my stupid human life with her. "betty, how did you know when you loved veronica?" jughead asked me, taking a huge bite of his burger. i sighed, thinking over the question in my head.

"honestly? i don't know. there was that one moment where something just clicked. maybe it was when i comforted her after that party. she came to me like she knew, i would be there for her. love is weird." i fawned over veronica. jughead looked at me, a smile creeping on his face. "who would've thought we'd end up here?" he replied.

it's not like i was moving or that we were all moving to different cities, but it felt like everything changed. last year i thought i was in love with archie, now this year i've completely fallen in love with the goddamn girl of my dreams. my problems seem so much different. just a few days ago we had to save cheryl from drowning, or dying of hypothermia.

after jughead had to go i made a trip to veronicas house, hopefully she was there or i'd be forced to chat with mrs. lodge. don't get me wrong, she's very nice but the things she's done to veronica have me not trusting her as much as i would like to. as i walked up to her room, veronica opened the door all ready to go out and was surprised to see me.

"betty! i was just about to go see you." veronica laughed lightly, kissing my cheek. "do you wanna come in?" she questioned. i nodded before we went back inside. her mom was away on some 'business' so we had the place to ourselves.

"so, what brings you here? did you need anything?" veronica sat down on the couch with me. "no, i just wanted to be here with you."

"veronica, you know how much i love you, right?" i rested my head on her shoulder. veronica furrowed her eyebrows and looked down at me, her cheeks turning a shade of strawberry red. she stammered out a response. it's usually me who's the one getting flustered!

"i love you too, betty." she grinned, "is something wrong?"

"no, no, no. i just don't think i say it enough. i dunno." i said quickly. veronica hummed, "okay."

SEVEN YEARS LATER

veronica's pov

graduating high school and going through college as a criminology major has been a dream. i've met so many new people, experimented and made friends. but there was always something missing, and that was betty.

archie, jughead, betty, and i hung out a few times a week. we were still close and nothing was going to break that bond between the core four. but it's been hard to force those romantic feelings i had for betty out. we broke up because we felt like our relationship wouldn't maintain in college, but i feel so alone without her by my side.

"betty!" i called out as she was leaving pops. she turned around and i caught up to her.

"we need to talk." we both exited pops and went somewhere more private. lots of college kids hung out at pops now and i don't need their prying eyes watching us.

"okay. we're talking, what's up?" betty asked." you know how we broke up when we graduated high school? like two years ago and stuff." i mumbled.
"yeah, why?" betty seemed confused, but her eyes lit up. i really hope she liked me back. i miss her." i don't know i just - never got over you. i still love you. and i mean if you don't feel that way that's okay i just had to let that out -"
"veronica, i feel the same. i always have i just thought you didn't want that."
"come here and kiss me." i spoke, making up for lost time. and this kiss felt different.

we both knew what we wanted. we wanted to be together. everything was still confusing. we had to make plans for our future, we were still young!

but the one thing we both knew in that moment, is that we were meant for each other.

THE END