Chapter 2: Tickets!

10:42, Donovan's Residence

Sitting at a table, Kaitlyn gazed at the coupon that was in her hand, lost in thoughts. There was only twenty minutes left now for the plane to take off. She had thought she would forget about that man but she simply couldn't. His words bothered her. The fact that her parents died saving her irritated her.

"You're already home, darling? Awesome! Guess what's in my hands!" It was her aunt Matilda Vancouver Donovan.

Kaitlyn arched an eyebrow, "Er...your grocery bag?"

"Like seriously?! Not that!"

Her aunt quickly tossed the bag in a corner on the table, stood a meter from her, her right hand behind her back as she danced at that fixed place, waiting impatiently.

Kaitlyn gave her her complete attention and suggested, "Oh I know...chocolate!"

"Far from it! Hint; entertainment!"

She stood instantly, "Cinema tickets!"

"Yes! For Wonder Woman in IMAX releasing tonight!" She opened her arms, showing her the golden tickets and they grabbed each other and jumped excitingly.

"That's crazy! How did you manage?! I thought they were sold out!"

"Not when I'm here! I fought with the cashier for the last two ones!"

Kaitlyn suddenly remembered, "Oh crap! I've also got a ticket!"

Matilda teased, "Lottery ticket?!"

"Nah, flight ticket!"

"Whoa, wait what?! Don't tell me!" They stopped dancing and only held each other.

She smiled bashfully, "I'm telling you! But don't worry, there's ample time... I'm leaving for New York City in about-"

She raised her eyes to look at the clock on the mantelpiece and instantly released her aunt, "-ugh, ten minutes! Bye! Love you." She quickly took her leather jacket from a chair and grabbed her keys.

Matilda exclaimed, "You're kidding?!"

She wore her jacket and smirked, "I'm no more a kid!"

She hassled out of the house and her elderly neighbor next door exclaimed as he stopped watering the plants, "Hey, Kaitlyn! Where are you rushing like that?"

She hopped on her bike, wore her helmet and answered, "To New York!"

"On a bike?!"

She laughed as she heard him.

Her cousins who just came from their late shopping exclaimed as they heard that, "So cool! When are you leaving? Take us with you!"

She slammed her keys in the bike and twisted it, "I swear. If I could I would."

They both chorused, surprised that she was actually leaving, "Wait you're serious?!"

She smiled, "Serious and possibly late!"

Matilda exclaimed, "What about the cinema tickets?! I won't go alone!"

Her two cousins squealed in delight, "Oh mom! We love you so much!"

In less than a second, the two girls of the same age as Kaitlyn rushed to her and snatched the tickets from her hand, hugging and kissing her.

"Thanks. You're the best!" they made thumbs up at Kaitlyn.

Matilda sighed, "These girls! Wait, Kaitlyn! What the hell am I going to tell your uncle?"

"Tell him New York City needs me! Will miss you all. Bye."