⋆six.

Louis' POV:

I awake with a start, my body lurching forward in a way that makes me gasp. I'm clutching at my chest, so hard I can feel my nails piercing my cold skin. Sweat soaks my t-shirt, and the tremors that shake through me are not the kindest.

"Woah." I whisper through my pants, looking down to see that I've knocked my blanket off of my bed. I groan and take my hand slowly away from my chest, wincing at the pain in my chest. I try desperately to remember the nightmare, but it's to no avail.

I fall back onto my bed with a huff, grimacing at the damp shirt that adorns me. What would make me that scared..? I begin to think, sinking my teeth into the inside of my cheek. I haven't had a nightmare in what, years?

I shake my head, dismissing the troubling thoughts. I lay there for a few moments, letting my eyes slip shut and for my body to return to normal. The sounds of the birds chirping and the ruckus downstairs is comforting, lulling me back to a state where I'm not shaking in fear.

Opening my eyes, I look over at the clock and see it's about time to get up. My father runs a strict schedule on Saturdays, and I don't want to disrupt it. So, with a heavy sigh I arise from my bed. I quickly pull off my t-shirt, regretting it when I look down at my stomach. I shake my head, and grab a random t-shirt off the floor.

I stretch my limbs as soon as my shirt is on, grinning when I hear the satisfying pop. I get to my feet, reminding myself to check my phone later. I know if I do it now, I'll surely get distracted and that is something I don't want. Yawning, I head out of my room while rubbing the sleep away from my eyes. I really should've put my glasses on, but I'm too lazy to go back to my room and get them.

The chatter of my family is enough to get me down the stairs, and into a somewhat chipper mood. I'm still weighed down by the information from yesterday, but I try not to dwell on it much.

"Good-morning baby." my mother greets me with a kiss on the cheek, and a warm smile. I return the smile, heading to where there's a fresh cup of coffee. "Oh yes, there's your coffee." mother chuckles, and I hear the sizzling of what smells like bacon.

"Where is everyone?" I ask, taking a sip of the coffee. Though I prefer tea, this is an excellent way to get me going. The heavy, hot liquid in my mouth is refreshing, and it slowly makes me just a tiny bit more alive.

"In the family room." mother responds, and I nod.

"Do you need help in here?" I ask, though usually I end up helping her. I may not be the best cook, but I do know a thing or two.

"If you could start on the eggs, that'd be great."

"Sure, what does everyone want?"

"I dunno, go ask." mother laughs, and I roll my eyes but do as im told. I head to the family room, smiling at the laughter erupting from the room. I head in there to see the twins on my father's lap, with Felicite and Lottie curled up on the other couch.

"Louis, good-morning." father is the one to greet me first, his brown eyes looking me up and down quickly.

"Morning, sir." I nod, looking to the older sisters. "how would you all like your eggs?"

"Scrambled for me." Lottie doesn't look up from the book in her lap, so I look at Felicite.

"Same." she nods, flicking hair from her eyes. I look to the girls and father, grinning when Daisy makes a funny face at me.

"Sunny side up." father informs me, his eyes locked onto the television.

"I want that too." Phoebe murmurs, her eyes darting over to her twin.