⋆seven.

Louis' POV:

"Harry-" I cut myself off as a helmet is pushed into my chest, and my heart starts to beat irregularly in fear.

"What?" he asks, running his spindly fingers through his mess of hair. I bite my bottom lip, looking around the empty parking lot.

"Why do I have to ride this?" I shift on my feet, not meeting his gaze.

"Because it's what I rode here..?" Harry says, and I can hear the question in his voice. I look at the punk through my lashes, and I turn my back to him. "Louis?"

"I'm scared of motorcycles... or anything in that family." I'm sure I'm flushed a bright red, and the thought makes me squirm uncomfortably.

"What? Lou, we need to go soon."

"I can't get on one of these things."

"Yes you can, you simply hop on it."

"Hopping on it would more than likely knock it over." I mutter, and Harry's huff makes me clutch the helmet tighter.

"You're such a smart-ass."

"Don't speak like that." I retort, looking at him over my shoulder. He now wears sunglasses, hiding the one thing I use to register his emotions.

"Oops." Harry shrugs, but it's obvious he's not the least apologetic. "Now hurry up."

"No!" I snap, turning back around so that I can pace around the school parking lot. "Maybe Niall can pick me up and I can get a shower? Yes, and then he can drop me off at yours-"

"It's easier if you just come back to mine-"

"But I don't have any of my clothes considering they're all with Niall." footie practice was after school, and so once it was done Niall stated that he would just take my stuff home, with him, so that Harry and I can work on this project together. At first it sounded like a great idea, but now... not so much.

"You can just take some of mine?"

"I'm not wearing any of your clothes." I continue to pace, feeling my skin staring to get heavy with dirt and sweat.

"Lou-"

"I can call Ni-"

"You're making him waste more gas." Harry interrupts, his lips pulled into a frown. I look him over once more, and close my eyes.

"I need clothes."

"I told you already-"

"It's weird wearing another guy's clothing, especially one that I barely know." I snap, bristling at the punk in front of me.

"I can give you some of my grandpa's?"

"That's even weirder." I turn away from Harry, wrapping my arms around myself. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?"

"I'm just wasting your time." I kick at the asphalt under my feet, watching the tiny rocks skid to a new place.

"We can stop at Niall's before we head back to mine, and you can just put your clothes in the back." Harry taps a compartment, his rings making a clattering sound. I turn back to look at him, trying to hide my hopeful smile.

"Would you really do that?"

"I suppose." Harry sighs, and I can't help the small squeal of delight that escapes my lips.

"Oh thank you Harry!" I take the helmet from beside him hurriedly, before stopping.

"Can you direct me to where he lives?"