Chapter 6

six

thalias pov-

evan stroked my hair and rubbed my back until i stopped crying. he rocked me back & forth in the bench swing. he was being so good to

me. theres nothing more i could want in a guy. maybe he'll be the one to save me from myself and my hostility. he constantly kissed me and told me it was going to be okay.

"shhh, its okay." he whispered into my ear. the sun was barley above the horizon by now.

"you hungry babe? i can make pancakes if you want?" he asked sweetly. wait, babe? woah. okay.

"actually yeah, that sounds great." i said with a quick sniffle. i walked with him downstairs as he began getting out all the ingredients. he had set the flour on the counter and turned around with his back to me to grab the refridgerated ingredients. i sneakily grabbed a handful of flour and clapped my hand over his head.

he turned around with a smirk on his

face.

"oh it is so on." he said with a mischevious chuckle. he grabbed some flour and threw it at me face. the war continued until he called a truce just before i was going to crack and egg on his head.

"you win." he said with his hands in the air, surrenduring to me. he continued to make the pancakes as i watched. he would bit his lip and furrow his eyebrows when he flipped each pancake. he was

focusing so hard, it was adorable.

"you have a little something on your face." i said as i rubbed my thumb over some remaining flour from a few minutes ago. then i leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. he blushed, and i did too. ive never felt this way before, but i really liked it.

"you missed." he said with a smirk.

"what?" i asked confused.

"my lips." he said still smirking. he put his hands on my cheeks and pulled me in for a long kiss. he slid his toung across my lips asking for

entrance, but before i could even think about my answer, i pulled away and looked at the stove to find the pancake burning in the pan. he looked at me and laughed as he threw that pancake away. we already had enough for 4 pancakes each, so it wasnt a big deal. we each picked up four pancakes and sat it his kitchen table. we talked about random things and laughed as we ate our pancakes. i made my way over to his sink and ran some hot water over my syrup covered plate. then suddenly, evan came up behind me and wrapped his strong arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder, sending a shock through my body. we were cheek to cheek, just standing there. he turned his head to peck me on the cheek.

"why are you being so good to me?" i asked in honesty.

"well, i mean i really like you thalia. "

he said as he turned me around to face him. he grabbed my hands and ran his thumbs over my palms. crap. my scars. well i guess he was going to find out eventually.

"wait, Lia, w-whats this." he asked as he ran his fingers over my scars on my wrists.

"um, its nothing." i said plainly as i tried to pull away. but i knew he wasnt going to brush it off that easily. we sat on the couch as i rested my head on his chest, he wrapped his arm around me rubbed my back. he planted a kiss on my head and said,

"you dont have to tell me if it makes you sad to talk about it." he said.