Chapter 20

twenty
thalias pov-
i have to admit, im actually really excuted for this 'movie day' with evan. and it sounds so cheesy, but ill take any excuse to cuddle with him. hes strong, but he isnt super ripped. hes comfortable. and i love that. his embrace is warm and it engulfs me. i take in a large breath, every scent of him coming it with it. i let out a long and satisfied sigh. i trailed my fingers toward the bottom hem of his tshirt and tugged at it.
"you maybe wanna, ya know?" i asked. implying that he take off his shirt.
"thalia i dont think we're ready for that yet. i want it to be special. okay? when the time is right." he said as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. what is he talking about? oh god. sex. no thats not what i meant.
"evan," i said nervously," i just meant for you to take of your shirt." i said with a hesitant laugh.
"oh, then in that case, yes. lord thats embarassing." he pulled the shirt off over his head and tousled his hair back into position.
"that came out way wrong, god dangit thalia." i mumbled. he took my face gently in his large hands and spoke.
"but dont you worry, someday, we will. right?" he said with a playfully daring smirk. i winked in return.
"yeah i mean i guess." i said nonchalantly. a smile tugged at my cheeks at the thought. earlier today evan had recieved a call from his mother, and he almost didnt answer. but she was understanding with bis frustrations and has offered to send in money every month for us to live off of. she felt it was the least she could do after leaving so abruptly. shes not coming back, but she'll be in touch. so its not all horrible right? after the phone call, evan seemed almost instanly lighter minded. like a weight was lifted from his shoulders. and theoretically, it had been. now we dont have to worry about finding a real job for a while. and if we finisg school online, we can still get a degree. things were finally starting to sort out. and i was so relieved. it was already 4:00 and we watched a few movies on netflix. i ate a buttload of gummy bears and popcorn. today has been perfect.
***
its now just after 8 oclock.when something outside the window caught my eye.
"holy crap evan look outside!" i said excitedly. i patted his chest, hoping he would sit up to look.
"ahhh, snow." he said calmly.
"this is my favorite time of year you know?" i said.
"do you have christmas decorations?" i asked eagerly. its already december 4th and decorating has just completely slipped my mind.
"actually yeah, some in the garage, and the rest should be spread out somehwere in the basement and the attic. should we get them out?" he asked with a childish smile.

AUTHORS NOTE: sorry its a short chapter! chapter 21 will be longer i promise(: dont forget to VOTE!