Chapter 2 ✦ Tero

Damn, she annoys me to hell and back. I'm going to be glad when I get this over with. Maybe I'm just not used to being around a mind-reader, or as I like to call them: too-nosy-for-their-own-good.

      My pissy mood evaporates for a moment as she suddenly claps a hand against my knee, dragging me out of my thoughts as everything had been silent and motionless before. I stare at her for a moment. Most from this kingdom dress very skimpily because of the hot temperatures and she is no different.

      She wears black undergarments, her lower half covered by something only a little more substantial than plain underwear, though her top half looks rather like she accidentally lacks a shirt. Gold chains fall on and adorn every part of her body, attached to her clothing or other chains. Her left nostril is pierced and a gold chain falls between it and her pierced left earlobe, connecting the piercings. Various other gold piercings adorn her body, along with gold rings on each of her fingers. Black boots, metal and leather plates shoved together in a quite bulky manner, stretch nearly to her knees, and are a tiny bit too wide for her calfs toward the top.

A thin, black scarf is probably around her neck to cover her tiny tattoo that identifies her as a spy for Yedha, though the design's meaning is not common knowledge in most kingdoms. She has odd skin, between pale and medium, and beauty marks and freckles scattered around her entire body. One noticeable mark rests upon her right cheekbone, close to the outer corner of her eye.

Her hair, a silky white, is straight and hangs partially in her face. It almost obscures her eyes peering to her side at me as I study her. A golden sun-like, intricate orb is on her forehead; it looks pressed into her skin. It's about the size of half her forehead, but placed in the middle of it. The Yedhians worship a glowing orb housed in their kingdom called Juna, as it gives them their powers. They are the only kingdom that gets their powers from an object and not genetics alone.

      "Move your legs back. You're going to ruin your unfit boots even more like that," she says as she pulls her hand away and ripping her gaze from mine. I do as she commands. She doesn't realize how tremendously agitating she is.

"So," I begin again.

"So," she coos back. All of her words are elegantly pronounced with her velvety, accidentally seductive voice unlike my rushed and gruff tone.

"Your spy commander, Arna."

"Mhm."

"Well, first, she says to have a happy birthday in case she can't manage to send another message before then."

"Mhm."

"And that she will buy you something if you're still alive."

"Mhm."

"You don't have to say mhm after everything I say," I erupt.

"Mhm. Why couldn't she just send this in a letter?"

My fingers dig into the dusty land as my hands attempt to clench into fists. This is already a hard enough trip without her being like she is.

"Because of the next part."

"What is the next part?" She questions before I can even speak another word.

"I would get to it if you would quit it for one second."

She does.

"Now, there's rumor of a war between the Yedha and the Reyfa. They're going to try to get you back to Yedha in time."

I sit quietly for a few moments, listening to the lavafall, kin to a waterfall, that shakes me to my core to imagine the sight of. I'm only thankful for the fact that she isn't annoying me right now as she's lost in thought as well.

"Did she tell you what exactly she's planning?" She slowly questions, her mind obviously filled to the brim.

"No. I don't think she had anything planned yet... just to get you on that side sometime."

She smooths back her hair with one palm as it once again falls into her eyes.

"Are we done here?" I suddenly ask.

"Mhm." She's back to it again. She doesn't let her annoying spirit be dragged down for too long.

"You'll be fine," I go on, not bothering to inquire further on it.

"Indeed." She suddenly stands.

"My horse is just outside the gate. I'll have to sneak around in the safety of the dark," I explain, though don't believe she cares.

My belief is confirmed as she doesn't reply. "Goodbye," I call out to her before looking up at the stars, using the bright orbs to begin directing myself.

"Good luck," she says smoothly. A gust of sudden wind kicks up red dust to rest on my lap and get stuck between the hairs on my uncovered forearms.

••••••••••••••••••

Don't forget to vote! Feel free to message me <3!