Chapter 5

Ito ba ang dorm ko?!

I could see that the walls' colour is dandelion with the floor being carpeted with red. There are different vases all containing Greek arts placed in pillar-like stands in the corner. There is a huge brown sofa with delicate gold patterns embedded on it. The living room is also connected to the kitchen. I excitedly went there and checked the necessities, utensils, machines, and just literally everything in it! It was all complete and new!

There is this door that leads to my bedroom. As I opened it and went in, I noticed that there was a huge window overlooking the beautiful lake and forest. I didn't know there was such place inside the school premises. This academy is remarkably huge, I must say.

The interior design is baroque and somewhat royalty. I can feel the aura of Medieval times around the room. I really like that nostalgic feeling. The bed was a queen-size one with a huge brown blanket topped with orange and red pillows.

The closet was made out of Bruce wood and so did the other furniture. The walls and floorings are the same as the living room, dining area, and kitchen area. Well, the kitchen area wasn't floored because of some possible food circumstances when cooking.

"Haaaaay! Hihiga muna ako! Pagod ko kaya!" I jumped on the bed and let the softness overcome me. I smiled while trying to take a nap.

-.-.-

"Mama.. Ikaw muna bahala ni Jewel.."

"Saan kayo ni Angelito..?"

"May pupuntahan lang kami.."

"Tungkol ba ito sa Archaic Stone that I heard from your conversation with Angelito?"

"Pasensya na mama.. Pero mapanganib talaga.."

"Bakit ka pupunta..?"

"You are like a mother to me, mama.. Salamat sa lahat.. But you know I'm not normal.."

I woke up, feeling agitated and flustered. That dream was like a fragment from my memories. I knew it was real. I knew that scenario happened when I was a kid. It was the time when my parents left me at grandmother's house.

Archaic Stone.. It felt like I've heard it from somewhere..

The beast that attacked us from the alleyway.. It mentioned something about an Archaic stone.. Is it super important? It bears the first name of the academy.

But my parents.. Ano ba talaga sila? Bakit parang may kakaiba sa mga kilos nila nuon? My past memories are resurfacing every day and every day I had to wake up feeling puzzled and confused on what the reason is for their disappearance and abandonment.

No.. I don't call it an abandonment. There must be a reason.

"Can I come in?"

Wait.. Damien? Why is he here?

"How did you enter?" I asked him with a quizzical look and he just gave me the 'duh' face.

"You forgot to close or lock your main door." He unfolds his arms and sit on the edge of my bed.

"Okaaay.. So ano? What brings you here?" I sat in indian-style as I turned to face him. He just gave me that dull face that I kind of like a little and I don't know why.

"Well umm.." He just coughed and looked away a little, "I just wanted to ask how you are.."

Yun lang?

"Okay naman ako.. Bakit?"

"About the incident of your grandmother.. Pasensya na that I couldn't save her.. It was her choice.."

Then it dawned at me. Grandma whispered something on Damien's ear that time.

"I-it's okay.. I'm just staying strong for her." I rubbed my arm with my hand, looking down, "ikaw? How are you?"

"Never been better." He smiled a little at me and I grew so shocked, "what?"

"Hindi pa kasi kita nakitang ngumiti eh. Palaga ka nalang deadma. Ano bang problema mo ha?" I laughed at him and he just chuckled a little.

Oh my gosh. Nakakainlove ang maikling tawa niya. God, help me.

"It's because you are quite funny. Para lalong may kinakausap akong loko minsan."

"Uy! Ako? Loko?!" Ang sama naman niya pero hindi ko mapigilang tumawa, "ikaw ha! Ganyan ka pala! Umaasar ng iba!"

We laughed aloud and I just couldn't contain my anger. It feels like I can really be myself when I am around him. We stopped laughing for a moment and stared at each other. His eyes moved the side and he stood up immediately. My eyes just followed his figure walking to the door.

"See you tomorrow. Rest for now." He looked at me for a split second before exiting through the door.

My heart pounded when we locked gazes at each other earlier. There was something between us and I could feel it. Or am I just assuming things?

Bawal kasi talaga mag-assume eh.

-.-.-

STELLA

"Mahal na mahal kita.. Stella.. Tandaan mo yan.."

"WAG! TROY!"

"TROY!"

I can't stop the tears brimming profusely on my eyes. I'm dreaming about the day when Troy left the academy and decided to join in the dark side..

It has been months since he last left us.. Left me.

What did the Academy do to him that made him go to the other side and be evil? I don't get it. He already has me. He already has everything. He has a Titan's blood and the blood of Ares. What more can he ask for? What was so devastating that caused him to turn into a new life?

I miss him.. He was my soul gem.

"Bakit mo pa akong iniwan.. Troy.." I hugged my knees and cried even more. I am so hurt and so broken. I lost my other half. He was the only one for me. He was my childhood sweetheart.

He was my everything but he violated it.

Why did you have to leave, Troy?

-.-.-

JEWEL

I walked around the school grounds with the help of my personal compass as it floats and leads me to anywhere in this academy when I came across Denise sitting alone in front of a lake. I approached him and tapped his right shoulder. He looked at me with wide eyes. I must have scared him.

"Ay sorry. Did I scare you?"

"Hindi naman. I was basking in the tranquillity of the lake. Wanna join?" He pats his side and I sat there.

Oo nga. Kalmado talaga dito.

"Parang ang lalim ng inisip mo yata huh?"

"I'm just thinking of someone." He just shrugged and I playfully jabbed his hip with my elbow, "para saan yun ha?"

"In love ka yata no!"

"Parang ganyan, oo. Ngunit wala na siya." His face became stern. I know he is happy-go-lucky because I've been knowing these classmates of mine earlier at classes. It's surprising that he is making a grieving face right now.

"Sino?"

"Pangalan niya ay si Eunice. She was a Titan Class student.. Until she.." He grits his teeth as his eyes further scan the lake like he was in deep thought again, "I just can't say it.."

"It's fine. Did she pass away?"

"Yeah.."

I feel sorry for him. No, I sympathize with him. He lost someone dear to him and I lost someone dear to me as well. My grandmother.. My parents as well. I have no one.

I hope this class will fill the emptiness in my heart.