Affections [John Egbert]

"Feel my heart racing fast. My mouth is dry, I can't find the words to say" - Rin Kagamine, 'I Like You, I Love You'

  "C'mon [y/n], he's right there. Get your ass over there and break all the sexual tension because if you don't--"

  "I know, I know! You'll scream it out loud for the whole world to know my pathetic crush on John", I sighed.

   Dave leaned back on his chair with a smirk on his lips. The shade-wearing blonde knew that I had no other choice but to finally confess to his dorky best friend.

  I didn't know when or how this feeling developed but I suddenly starting seeing John Egbert in a new way. His embarrassing nerdy chuckle was adorable to me. His cute appearance became extremely attractive, which was apparently a total shock to Dave. After a couple of days of therapeutic analyzing by Rose, she concluded (in a rather sarcastic, obvious kind of way) that I have "developed a sentimental attraction toward our friend". Since then, I have been sort of avoiding him  because it was clear my heart was at risk from exploding from how fast it can beat.

  I sighed again. "Why do I have to this again, Dave? Moreover, why do I have to this now?"

  He raised his eyebrows as if the answer was as clear as day.

  "I'm pretty sure everybody is tired of 'John is sooo kawaii, I wish he would notice me' like he's your damned senpai or some shit Bro would say. Plus, as I said earlier, he's fucking right there. His lame ass is literally sitting two tables in front of us. I can wave if you want me to"

  I protested against it but he already lifted a hand in greeting. I ducked my head quickly, letting my [h/c] act like a curtain to hide my reddened face.

  "Prepare yourself, princess, 'cause your knight in dorky armor is coming our way", Dave whispered. I couldn't tell but I was sure he winked behind those dark-lensed shades. "Guess you don't have to waste your precious energy on walking, princess"

  "Quit calling me that", I said in equal volume harshly.

  He opened his mouth to reply but he closed it. Another one of his teasing smirks appeared again and honestly, I wanted to punch it right out of his egoistical self.

  "S'up, John, we were just talking about you"

  "Really?", he said in a surprised tone.

  I imagined myself hiding in a corner surrounded by a ton of cute stuffed animals where I would be safe and sound instead risking passing out in a crowded café.

  I took a deep breath in as I felt him settle down in a chair next to me.

  'You can do this', I thought to myself, 'Just relax.'

  I lifted my head in time for Dave to speak.

  "Yeah, all good things, right [y/n]?"

  "Uh yes! A-all good things. Great things. Fantastic things"

   I always wondered why I was the most awkward person in the world.

  John quirked an eyebrow. "Like what? My master prank skills?"

   "Nope", Dave grinned slightly. "More like how--"

   In order to save myself from any further embarrassment, I quickly stood up and pointed toward the large display window. "Is that who I think it is with smuppets ready to be stuffed in a certain teenage ironic rapper wanna be's face?"

  Dave turned around to look at where I was pointing.

  "[Y/n], do you really think I'd fall for-- oh my God"

  The "teenage ironic rapper wanna be" bolted out of his seat, running out of there as fast as he could.

  "I told him I saw Bro standing there", I laughed. I needed to remember to thank him for being at the right place at the right time.

  John snorted. "They can definitely flash step because I don't remember him being there"

  A little bit of confidence bubbled up within me when I turned to face him completely.

  "Um yeah. About earlier..."

  I bit my lip nervously.

  "I-I don't really know how to say this. Dave was talking to me about these... feelings and I just... Wow this is hard"

  His blue eyes widened. He seemed to enter panic mode like he just realized something.

  "Dave, didn't tell you about it, did he? Is that why he said it was a 'good thing'? A-and why you were so nervous was because you know now?"

  "John--"

  "He used the exact words I told him, right?"

  "John, what are you--"

  "I swear I didn't say that. I was caught up and you-- you probably think I'm creepy"

  "I love you!"

  I felt my face burn incredibly after I finally just shouted those words out and because of the heavy silence that followed it. My head ducked low to try to hide my embarrassed expression. I ferociously stared at my thumbs twiddling on my lap, a great source of distraction for a time like this.

   "What?" John breathed.

   I gulped. "W-well I don't know completely if I, you know, love you love you but I really do like you. Dave was helping me to finally confess and stuff so that's why he sort of called you over here."

  I started to pick at the ends of my hair. "For some reason, I kept feeling weird around you. I felt so happy that I didn't think it was normal. Rose finally told me that I liked you so that's why I was kind of avoiding you. W-which I'm totally sorry by the way!!"

  A few seconds of pause then I heard him mumble.

  "H-huh?"

  "Can you... Can you say it again? And please look at me so I know I'm not being set up"

  I lifted my gaze to find him blushing profusely.

  "Say 'I like you' again", he repeated.

  I knew I was going to black out if my temperature kept rising up like it was doing.

  "I l-like you, John"

  A wide smile broke out on his face. He practically threw himself at me just to hug me. Due to that cause, I landed on the floor with him on top of me.

  "I like you too! So much!"

  "John, people are staring!"

  "Hehehe..."

  "J-JOHN!!"