Please, Don't Hurt Me - 2

I walk into the kitchen, thinking about my father. He's so evil. He hits his own daughter. Who could hurt their own child? I'm not a bad person. I deserve a life so much better. He's not home yet. I walk into his bedroom and open his smelly closet. Down at the bottom there's a shoe box. I've seen it before.

When I was in sixth grade, I was trying to hide from my dad. He was yelling at Tommy, and I was afraid he might get mad at me, too. I ran into his bedroom and hid on the floor of his closet. I found a shoe box, and being the curious little kid that I was, I opened it. The shoe box held a gun. Just then, my father found me and when I asked about the gun, he slapped me and told me to go to my room.

Now, I open the shoe box once again. I pick up the gun and put in into my tote bag. With one hand in the bag grasping the gun, I walk downstairs and wait in front of the door. It's not long until I hear my father pulling into the driveway. He stumbles into the house and sees me.

"What... W-what the hell are you doing out here? G-g-go to bed," he screams at me, obviously drunk.

"I was waiting for you. I was waiting so I could do this!" I scream at him while pulling out the gun. I point it towards him, and I can see the rage building up in his eyes. "I hate you!" I pull the trigger.

I wake up with tears in my eyes. I can't believe I dreamed I killed my dad. I wiped tears from face. I can't tell if they were happy tears or sad ones. I get rid of the thoughts and go back to sleep.

When I wake up, I look out to the driveway. Dad's still gone from last night. Where'd he go? Oh well.

I go to my closet to pick out an outfit. I don't pay much attention to what I wear because no one looks at me, anyway. I grab a pair of jeans and an Aerosmith t-shirt and get dressed. I apply some eye liner and mascara, then I'm out the door.

I walk into my first class, geometry. As we walk in, we're supposed to hand in our homework. Homework that I didn't do.

"Do you have your homework, Sandra?" Mrs. Coffin looks at me as if I'm a failure. I always thought she was weird. What kind of name is Coffin, anyway? It's like she should be buried in dirt or something.

"No, I don't," I say, a bit annoyed. Why does she even bother asking, when she knows I didn't do it. They shouldn't make me come to school. I'm not learning, and I don't want to learn, so why should I be forced to come here?

At the end of class, Mrs. Coffin asks me to stay for a minute. I walk up to her desk as as she closes the door to keep the next bunch of students out.

"Sandra, I'm sure you're aware of this, but I feel I need to tell you," Mrs. Coffin says, concern in her voice. "You're not putting any effort into this class. I know you have the ability to do the work, you're a very smart girl, you just don't try. Is there any reason for this?" I just shrug. What am I supposed to say? "Sandra," she says, " If there's anything that would cause you to act this way, whether it be boy troubles, home life, anything, you can tell me."

"There's no reason," I say, uncaring. "Thanks for the concern, but can I get to my next class, now?"

"I suppose so." I can tell this isn't over. She'll probably be badgering me again within the next few days.

I'm so tired, I could barely stay awake through English and History. Finally, lunch arrived. I get in line to buy lunch. Unfortunately, I came in late, so I'm last in line. All of a sudden, I feel someone tapping on my shoulder. I look over and see a guy. He is tall, kind of skinny, has the Justin Bieber hairstyle but this kid's hair is way darker. He also has piercing blue eyes. He's dressed in jeans and a fitted green shirt. I have to say, he's really hot.

"Um, hi," I say, really confused.

"HI, I'm Josh Armstrong," he says and smiles. He has a really nice smile.

"I'm Sandra Greene." I'm so confused. Why is he talking to me?

"I know," he smiles again.

"Um, not to be rude, but why are you here?"

"I just thought I'd say 'hi'. Well, I'd better get going now. Talk to you later." He walks back toward a lunch table. I get my lunch and sit alone. What was that all about?

------------------

Ok, so this is my second chapter!!

Thanks so much to everyone who read my first chapter!

Please give me your feedback on this one!(:

-monkee86 :D