Chapter 17

Hope you enjoy the chapter

~Louis' pov~

I don't go home. Not now.

I know I need to sleep, but I can't go home, because of all the memories.  After One Direction was formed, all of us would do things together. If someone was hungry, everyone went. Nobody felt any kind of sexual attraction with each other. Nobody cared who was an alpha or beta or omega. We were still babies. Unaware of how the world worked. 

Every time, I'm home alone(which is all the time) I can't help but remember all those times we spent together. 

Once, Zayn and I brought a bunch of onions and covered them with caramel. Then we left them in the fridge where we knew Niall, Liam and Harry would find. They were so excited when they found it. After taking a bite, all the looks on their face was priceless. They were so disgusted when they spit out the bite. The look was similar to the look they give me now.         It's hard to believe that during one time, I was their favourite. They'd include me in everything they did, they liked having me around but things changed.

Life changed, to be honest.

We all grew up, hormones came into play. Management came into play, they knew if the group was filled with alphas and omegas, one direction wouldn't happen. They said, "Domesticity doesn't sell". 

I was the oldest, after all, I couldn't let Niall take the fall. Maybe life would have different if I didn't agree. Maybe it could have been better. It would have been better. 

But it wasn't. 

I didn't know where I was going when I started driving, but the road I was following would take me to a park, Eisenhower park.

It was a cool night, with lots of stars. It was also a quiet night, but it wasn't depressing.  It was ... alive, like the wind was humming a tune. It was the kind of silence that made you happy, the comfortable silence you felt with someone you loved.

I think I am gonna spend my night there.

From where I am right now, it's a fifteen-minute drive to the park. And it was getting closer, now that I was over the speed limit.  I reached there five minutes early.

The most special thing about this park were the memories and the rocket slide.                                   I remember so many sleepless nights, I would come here. Mostly with eyes filled with tears and heart filled with hatred. But a tiny part of me was always hopeful, always believing that something great was about to happen. That's why I came here. It was peaceful here, I could escape my thoughts here but I didn't come here that often. I don't know why. Maybe because management forced me to stay out a lot of nights doing stunts or clubbing. 

The rocket slide in the park was also special to me. So many nights I had fallen asleep there, counting the stars. Sometimes crying because so much of my love for the boys had gone to waste or all my failures came back to me, haunting me. But not all memories I had here were sad.  Not often, but sometimes I would come here, just to look at the stars. It was like they could fix me, tape me up and make me believe in joy again.

Like today.

I climbed up through the holes to the very top, where I would lean against one of the rods, just looking at the stars.When I'd be ready to leave, I would slide down.

It was starting to get a bit chilly and I got cold easily. But I couldn't bring myself to care. 

My stomach was hurting from the bruises that Zayn had left. While my hands were covered with cuts given not-so-kindly by Liam. And I could feel my lips bleed a little, but I didn't care. It was not worth caring.